Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Public transport to Portes du Soleil region
  • pinch_flat
    Free Member

So me and a couple of mates are heading to the alpes at the end of august and are currently looking at where to base ourselves. We are currently looking at the PDS area as a good call for alpes newbies. We’re getting the TGV to Geneva but from there I’m really struggling to find reasonable public transport to the various resorts- I
    ve used the resorts tourist offices and french bus websites but I’m drawing a blank on how to get from say Thonon les Bains to the resorts. Where should I be looking for this information?

nickjb
    Free Member

If you base yourself in Morzine you can get to quite a few places by lift and a few more with a bit of pedalling. Probably easiest to get to Morzine with a private transfer from Geneve. Lots of those available.

pinch_flat
    Free Member

Does anyone know any that go from the train station in Geneva? Also how long does it take to drive from Geneva to say Morzine?

thekingisdead
    Free Member

The private transfers will pick you up from wherever (providing there’s enough of you)

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Geneva to Morzine is about 1 hour to 1 1/2 hour max if you hired a car.
    There are LOADS of transfers that will pick you up they are normally 40 euros (or were a few years back) and they get cheaper the more peopel in the mini bus. Just google “Geneva to Morzine transfers” and hundreds will come up, all the ski buses looking for summer work.

Alternatively you could ride from Thonon, all up hill would probably take you 3 hours mind 😉

pinch_flat
    Free Member

Yeah I’ll pass on that suggestion, somehow I don’t think with all our camping gear it would be a smart move!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Best bet is either hire a car however remember it is LAW to have to carry your drivers licence at all times! We once forgot our licences btu they wouldn’t even accept a photocopy verified from the DVLA!

OR the mini buses

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Public transport to Portes du Soleil region’ is closed to new replies.