Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Public sector workers…Be happy you have a job !
  • stumpyjon

Would that be the nasty right wing, got an agenda, press we keep getting warned about?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

i dislike tax cheats

Why didn’t you mention them then ?

Specially as they cost us 15 times more than benefit cheats.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

cos you did ! and you are obviously considerably better informed than I

stumpyjon

Ah but if you’re merely exploiting the inability of the people elected to govern us to actually do that and legally using loop holes in the law are you still a tax cheat or are you actually a hero of the common working (tax paying) man for refusing to bend to the ever growing demands of an out of control (and touch) state.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

and legally using loop holes in the law

Read the link, it’s not legally using loop holes in the law which is costing the government 15 times more than benefit fraud – it’s straightforward illegal tax fraud.

Tax evasion, not tax avoidance. Part of the £30 billion per year fraud in the UK.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Oh whell.

stumpyjon

read the link

Nope don’t want to, quite happy living in the right wing press created bubble world I keep getting told I’m living in.

On another train of thought why don’t the public sector workers get off their backsides and do the job they’re paid for.

I’ll clarify that, why don’t the police, inland revenue, council officials etc. put a stop to all this naughty illegality, or is the fact there are lots of bad people (mainly private sector employees I’m sure) out there not paying their taxes, not the responsibility of said officialdom (apologies if I’ve not named the appropriate pillars of the public sector).

bruneep

Wish I could afford a holiday to Amsterdam with my wife and 2 kids and have a MacBook pro 😐

Northwind

I must say I’m enjoying the cavalier approach of this bit of trolling, makes a nice change from the usual can’t-tell-if-serious nature of our trolls. Bit of biodiversity.

miketually
    Free Member

I’ll clarify that, why don’t the police, inland revenue, council officials etc. put a stop to all this naughty illegality

I think they’re all riding a gravy train, or something.

(apologies if I’ve not named the appropriate pillars of the public sector)

It’s the HMRC’s job to do that. That’s HMRC who have got rid of loads of the people whose job it is to do that. This is the same HMRC who let Vodaphone off a £8bn tax bill; a decision made by the most wined and dined civil servant.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

They dont do anything about tax evasion because its a poliical issue.

All the governments buddies run these companies, allthe government are in the pocket of thse people.

You think we elect the government, well maybe we do but we only get to elect the people that big business want to have in power.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

“Wish I could afford a holiday to Amsterdam with my wife and 2 kids and have a MacBook pro”

what a really mature thing to say!

miketually
    Free Member

what a really mature thing to say!

Gosh, what a lot can be found out through someone’s posting history 🙂

Drac

I appreciate I have a job very thankful in the current climate but I’m not happy that the pension I signed for 22 years ago is not being messed around with.

I also find out in a few weeks if there’s going to be any changes to my job, it could mean a pay cut or a huge change in conditions. However, I remain thankful that the job I have provides my family well but I have to work for it.

Finally after that my role is being reviewed again, no this is separate from above this concentrates on my grade not service wide, again my pay could be effect, shift patterns and responsibilities.

So if you think we get a smooth ride then you’re wrong, like any job we are subject to many things effecting it. However, what we do have is those that will stand up and say this is wrong and fight for it not whine get on with it anyway or move jobs for the same to happen again.

If we all rolled over when changes were being made we’d all be shafted. Many strikes over the years have done huge harm but others brought around the better working conditions we all work under.

bruneep

I don’t get a pension ! Maybe I should go on strike !

What an immature thing to say 🙄

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

ah you got me bruneep!

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Public sector workers…Be happy you have a job !’ is closed to new replies.