Viewing 3 posts - 81 through 83 (of 83 total)
  • Public sector workers what are your next steps???
  • Northwind

I work in the public sector- a reasonably big scottish uni. We’re doing OK, and we’ve got people in charge who value people. Yes we’re wasteful- in fact, comically so sometimes. But then when I worked in banking, that was wasteful too, and at least the uni can say it’s incompetent not unethical.

Ironically, the things we do most inefficiently are the things that happen when we pretend to be a real company and try to “learn lessons” from the private sector. When we act like a university, we generally do better.

We contribute a ton to the economy, in a dozen different ways, but every year there’s cuts or freezes. We often react to them stupidly, but then it’s fairly hard to react intelligently to a stupid cut.

vondally
    Free Member

exactly Northwind

world class commissioning in NHS was and remains laughable,

zokes
    Free Member

Love it that the folk who are currently living in the antipodean paradise are so keen to discuss public sector workers on the other side of the world

Given the ever increasing spectre of the budgie-smuggling god botherer MWS posted, and the fact I work in what would be called a quango in the UK, this unfortunately makes me continually nervously interested in governments’ mismanagement of the public sector…

Viewing 3 posts - 81 through 83 (of 83 total)

The topic ‘Public sector workers what are your next steps???’ is closed to new replies.