Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Public invited to contribute to Police road death policy
  • nbt

As the title says, this is your chance to give feedback to ACPO

The Association of Chief Police Officers is calling on the public to help shape police policy involving road death investigations

Thee’s no mention of *how* to respond, maybe they’ll be reading the comments?

http://www.govtoday.co.uk/home-affairs/50-police-emergency/12195-public-invited-to-contribute-to-police-road-death-policy

mikewsmith
    Free Member

just need to get the STW consensus written down then

br
    Free Member

Standard approach, make like we actually care what you think, then ignore it anyway.

MSP

Standard approach, make like we actually care what you think, then ignore it anyway.

Someone should start an e-petition to get that policy changed.

timidwheeler

I did, got loads of signatures. To be fair, they seemed quite interested at first but nothing actually changed.

MrAgreeable

From the full press release on the ACPO website:

The consultation is open until 7th September 2012 and comments can be made by filling out a consultation form via the Cleveland Police website: http://www.cleveland.police.uk/contact-us/ManualReview1.aspx or by writing to ACC Sean White via Cleveland Police Headquarters, PO Box 70, Ladgate Lane, Middlesbrough, TS8 9EH.

Stoner
    Free Member

Cheers MrA
    Have made a submission. Unfortunately the “Investigative” stage of a road death is a bit late in the day if you want to have some influence on policy – such as Presumed Liability or the quality of a defence based on “I was blinded by the sun”.

But Ive suggested that wherever an Accident Investigation officer has found some element of highway infrastructure (Railing, signage, surface, markings) to be contributory to the incident, there should be a requirement to send the findings to the relevant authority (whether Highways or Local) and for the authority to propose improvements or publish reasons why they see no change as being necessary.

MrAgreeable

That’s a great suggestion which I may well copy and paste. 😉

Perhaps, given the way the Lopes case highlighted the current system’s inability to keep a dangerous driver off the road, the police should also have some means of accessing information about incidents that don’t result in convictions? I’m sure insurance companies have the necessary records.

Stoner
    Free Member

There are a number of questions that go through your mind while you are opening a letter from the Cleveland Police. Like “Have I been driving in Cleveland lately?”, “Was I going to fast?”, “Where the **** is Cleveland anyway?”.

Turns out it was just a thank you letter from the ACPO chappie for my submishun.

Phew.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Someone should start an e-petition to get that policy changed.

Because the government take notice of e-petitions (like the one about the McCanns, or the one about Blair) don’t they? 🙄

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Public invited to contribute to Police road death policy’ is closed to new replies.