Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Pub+camping field or similar required – Notts, Derbyshire, Yorks
  • dawson

Thinking of planning a lads weekend away – 2 of them are turning 40.

One suggestion has been camping, so wondered if the STW hive-mind had any suggestions on any decent camping spots with access to decent pub/pubs – any pubs with camp fields round the back?

Main requirement is pub and campsite that isn’t too precious about being quiet at 9pm.

Mid-september date-wise.

Very much preliminary stages of planning at the moment!

ElShalimo

There are several pub with camping along the A515 Buxton-Ashbourne road.
    Have a look on UKCampSite.co.uk

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I know of The Ostrich at Longford that has a camping field adjoined. Supposed to be a decent pub, they do an annual weekend beer festival with other family attractions. Lots of great country pubs in the locality and only a 10 minute taxi ride away from Derby – the UK’s real ale capital! I’m sure there are plenty around.

mrchrispy

We did a mass camping at the The Royal Oak (off the A515 out of Buxton).
    Bunk Barn, camping, good food and beer.

tripadvisor linky

chrisp likes

jekkyl

the http://www.thesquareandcompass.co.uk/ at Darley Bridge. about 10 minutes drive from Matlock. If you take your bike it’s bang on the cracking 5 dales ride, from the white peak book. When we stayed there they weren’t too fussed about noisy campers.

rascal
    Free Member

My default answer for this is Edale village.
    The Nag’s Head pub is directly opposite Coopers camp site.
    Cheap and basic but great base for walking with food and beers after…then you can almost crawl to your tent.

skellnonch
    Free Member

+1 for the Nags at Edale, good cafe on site at Coopers too for that hangover breakfast

thetallpaul
    Free Member

The Old Station Campsite outside Masham.
    There are only two breweries (Black Sheep and Theakstons) about 1 a mile away, and quite a few pubs.
    You can even go glamping in their new BBQ cabins.
    Really nice people run the site too.
    Old Station

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Cropton brewery?

Camping

dawson

Thanks all for the suggestions – will have a look at those tonight

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Just thought, something I like to do with my drinking chums on the occasion we can all get pass out for the same day, get the train to Matlock and work out way back to Derby stopping at train stations on the way back, or you could cycle it. There are plenty of campsites en route too, as well as decent eateries whether it be pub grub, fish and chips, curry or a dirty Donner. If you ride it you have even more possibility for some great drinking pubs.

Stainypants

Royal Oak at Hurdlow.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Pub+camping field or similar required – Notts, Derbyshire, Yorks’ is closed to new replies.