Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Pub with the best view in the Peak District?
  • Anyone got any suggestions?

The Millstone overlooking the Hope Valley is ok, but I fancy somewhere I’ve not been before.

I’ll be driving btw.

Sandwich

The Barrel Inn at Bretton has a good view and decent food/drink. Linky

racing_ralph
    Free Member

seconded or just outside the peak district border here!

Rob – I didn’t ask for a view of run down pig sty.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

lol – pwned

Lol indeed.

So what’s that place in Bretton like, as their website is crap?

porterclough
    Free Member

Yep, I suppose Monsal Head is hard to beat and probably the closest to me – again, I fancy somewhere new (I lived there for a year when I was young).

bikerbruce
    Free Member

i live there now..the pack horse in little longstone is good ,infact my parents are there now..

Si
    Free Member

Old Horns Inn High Bradfield

or even The Strines

porterclough
    Free Member

Hmm, well it’s quite pleasant in the beer garden of the Strines Inn, the view from the Ladybower Inn’s not bad either…

depends where you’ve already been I guess! 😉

Barrel at Bretton view OK but nowt special, and last year when I was there on a bike ride the beer wasn’t worth the slog up the hill. Plenty of places in the villages on the western fringes of Sheffield are better…

antigee

another BIG vote for

The Barrel Inn at Bretton has a good view and decent food/drink

a view to die for… Strines good pub for food and in winter but zero view – Ladybower – nice pub but views at most motorway service stations are better, Monsal Head gets avote

the Old Horns at Bradfield is a mere 2 miles from home (as in I deserve a beer stop!) and the view is good but the Barrel wins

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Pub with the best view in the Peak District?’ is closed to new replies.