Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Pub recommendation in Hampshire
  • cinnamon_girl

Andover vicinity and needs to be easily accessible from the A303. Not too spendy for lunch though.

Thanks. 🙂

allthepies
    Free Member

Might be too far from Andover for you but I’ve had good meals at The Crown in Upton and The George in Vernham Dean.

Closer to Andover there’s a new Marston’s pub on the exit roundabout of the A303 at the Charlton/Weyhill exit. Name is a butterfly species, can’t remember exactly.

Here

Only had a drink in there though, not eaten.

McHamish
    Free Member

I haven’t eaten there for about 20 years, but the Mayfly used to be good.

Mayfly pub

McHamish
    Free Member

Actually…I was just checking up on my recommendation and it doesn’t have glowing reports on trip advisor!

higthepig
    Free Member

The Hawk Inn in Amport or the White Horse in Thruxton, had good meals in both in the last 6 months.

cinnamon_girl

Cheers chaps. 8)

Upton and V/Dean is so so tempting but, alas, just a bit far. Oh yes, I’ve seen that new pub but would prefer something with character.

The Mayfly – mmmm. I once rocked up there in my filthy Winter riding gear and sat outside obviously. Not sure my custom was appreciated. 😐

Amport and Thruxton look to be a good call.

caspian
    Free Member

The Fox Inn, Tangley – has its own Thai restaurant! So good!

cinnamon_girl

Don’t do Thai.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Mayfly is a good location, but to describe it, I might say that one should never leave a musical whistling the set.

Watership Down is nice. Rarely see rabbit on the menu, though.

The Malet in Newton Tony isn’t THAT far away, and fully worth the trip.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Pub recommendation in Hampshire’ is closed to new replies.