Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Pub reccomendations between Gisburn & Lee Quarry?
  • richteabiscuit
    Free Member

It’s my turn to organise our next venture north so I’m thinking, do Gisburn fairly early and then onto Lee Quarry later on in the day after a pub lunch feast… any recommendations for a nice pub between the two?

nbt

Dog & partridge at Tosside seems to be the obvious choice, it being right next to Gisburn – ride, eat, move to lee quarry while the food digests

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

+1 for Dog & Partridge.

Good food and good beer.
    The chilli is very good… and a pint of “Blood, Sweat and Gears” to wash it down.

easygirl

We went to his urn a few weeks ago in the week and the dog and partridge was closed,only opens at certain times,mainly weekend
    That was truenwhen we went,nit sure if it has changed

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

country pubs are in abundance along the whole route from Jiz to Lee.

although the Dog is very good!

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

if you are finishing at lee there is the buck at cowpe low, the jolly sailor on booth road or the hargreaves at lumb. all top watering holes.

stevede
    Free Member

Rose and bowl in stacksteads just down the road from lee quarry does decent food and the landlord is a rider too iirc. Definately don’t use any of the pubs in bacup, bit league of gentleman round there! I grew up in bacup and got out as soon as i was old enough!

montylikesbeer

As mr potatoe head , both pubs are locals of mine, or try the boot and shoe behind the jolly sailor.

Good food and accommodation at the boot.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Pub reccomendations between Gisburn & Lee Quarry?’ is closed to new replies.