Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Pub bike helmet
  • letmetalktomark

I’ve a nice Kask helmet for road and off-road use but I don’t have one for popping to the shops/pub/nursery etc

A very, very close miss with a car on a roundabout ( they just didn’t see me ) has jolted me into getting a second helmet.

It’s gonna get locked up with my bike so nothing fancy.

Any suggestions?

Catlike Tako??

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Spesh Tactic 2.

Cheap. Good. Also, assuming it fits your noggin, comfy, too.

DiscJockey
    Free Member

Like you, I needed an additional helmet for commuting, shopping etc.. (i.e. it won’t get grimed in sweat and mud) and went for visibility. I was surprised to find I didn’t need to spend much – go this in matt yellow and it’s ace:

http://www.merlincycles.com/met-crossover-road-mtb-cycling-helmet-2015-75064.html

It has an excellent LED light built into the rear tension adjuster. I’m well pleased with it.

The new Endura Luminite helmet looks really good for visibility too.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

You need a full face helmet for when you ask the landlord to fill your water bottle and he punches you 😀

edhornby

halfords will have a good range of budget helmets and you can try them on to find one that fits

davewalsh
    Free Member

+1 for going to halfords. I once went to Brechfa and only realised that I’d forgot my helmet when we got there. Went to local halfords and got a surprisingly comfy one for £20, which now permanently lives in my car boot.

helpful1
    Free Member

just wear the “nice” (whatever that means) kask helmet you already have.

hatter

BMX lid, tough and inexpensive.

paule
    Free Member

I’ve got an on one trail lid for just that job, think it was a tenner and works just fine. Fairly low-vis though.

lunge

Decathlon, I have their 700 series lid for commuting and shopping duties, £20, fits well, looks good, well made and I chose white for additional visibility. Job done.

fourbanger
    Free Member

A very, very close miss with a car on a roundabout ( they just didn’t see me ) has jolted me into getting a second helmet.

Talk me through the logic:

lunge

To expand my comment above, this is the road version I use, under £30, good venting and seems very well made for the price. There is also an MTB job here for under £20 that will also do a damn fine job, available in orange too!

core

Piss pot bmx lid.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Piss pot (if it fits, they don’t adjust like MTB helmets so i just find them uncomfortable after a while). Bern (and I think Giro) do some with a small peak so they look a bit more “commuter” and less “gnarrstar”. They’re a fair bit tougher so resist day to day drops and knocks better than an XC lid.

Having said that, I’ve a fairly generic Giro that cost £35.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Pub bike helmet’ is closed to new replies.