Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 87 total)
  • Psycho neighbour really wants a fight
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

Yes. I mean a full on scuffle. Since an argument last weekend, he’s decided he’s top gun and is now trying to intimidate me.

Last weekend, I just happened to be looking out of a bedroom window and saw him reverse into my courtesy car I had at the time. It was hard enough that I heard the impact through double glazing. He got out, had a look and then went to go back into his house. I went into the front garden and intercepted him with an “Oi – you’ve just hit that car.” He denied it and then launched into a very aggressive tirade calling me an igonorant f-ing prick. He came right up to the separating fence saying “what do you f-ing mean Oi?” More of the same came out before I decided to turn my back and go inside. This is the same neighbour that smokes weed in his gaden and calls his teenage daughter an f-ing nobhead. We heard that through the party wall along with other psycho behaviour and ranting towards his wife and two daughters.

Since then, he comes out whenever I do. I’ve not made eye contact with him. Yesterday, I was packing stuff into the car and he was strutting about nearby (according to Mrs. S) eying me up and down and laughing. Then he started chanting “red army, red army.” He’s a MUFC fan.

Me and Mrs. S are now feeling stressed because this guy is a grade A nutter and he obviously wants a physical showdown with me. As a 47 year old man, I don’t. He’s about 35. Is there anything we can do to stop this escalating? We’ve even considered moving but have lived there over 20 years and don’t want to leave because of the actions of one idiot.

Any advice much appreciated.

Fanks.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Yes. I mean a full on scuffle. Since an argument last weekend, he’s decided he’s top gun and is now trying to intimidate me.

Last weekend, I just happened to be looking out of a bedroom window and saw him reverse into my courtesy car I had at the time. It was hard enough that I heard the impact through double glazing. He got out, had a look and then went to go back into his house. I went into the front garden and intercepted him with an “Oi – you’ve just hit that car.” He denied it and then launched into a very aggressive tirade calling me an igonorant f-ing prick. He came right up to the separating fence saying “what do you f-ing mean Oi?” More of the same came out before I decided to turn my back and go inside. This is the same neighbour that smokes weed in his gaden and calls his teenage daughter an f-ing nobhead. We heard that through the party wall along with other psycho behaviour and ranting towards his wife and two daughters.

Since then, he comes out whenever I do. I’ve not made eye contact with him. Yesterday, I was packing stuff into the car and he was strutting about nearby (according to Mrs. S) eying me up and down and laughing. Then he started chanting “red army, red army.” He’s a MUFC fan.

Me and Mrs. S are now feeling stressed because this guy is a grade A nutter and he obviously wants a physical showdown with me. As a 47 year old man, I don’t. He’s about 35. Is there anything we can do to stop this escalating? We’ve even considered moving but have lived there over 20 years and don’t want to leave because of the actions of one idiot.

Any advice much appreciated.

Fanks.
    He seems alright to me.
    What’s your problem?

scud
    Free Member

I can only say call the Police and if they don’t take seriously, call them again and see if you can get others neighbours to support you.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

He’s a MUFC fan

And I thought people form Surrey were above this sort of behaviour.

jimdubleyou

Anybody can call social services.

allan23
    Free Member

CCTV, and evidence.

Work collegaue was only last week telling a tale of a psycho neighbour he’d survived a few years ago. Tyres slashed, knife threats, false reports to social services about child abuse and other generally wrong in the head behaviour.

Police weren’t interested until he rolled up at the station with a wad of evidence and CCTV footage. He still ended up moving house but the nutter was dealt with.

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

Keep a log of his behaviour.
    Try and get some of it recorded.
    Involve the Police.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Hmmm difficult one and I sympathise with you. Was the car damaged by the way and if so have you reported it?

The last thing you want or need is grief with a neighbour, as your home is your sanctuary. However I think you need to face up to it and deal with it now. You should have a word with the Police about your neighbours intimidating behaviour and start the process whereby you can get it sorted legally. Recording on your phone can be done as proof without him being aware.

ton

you n need cctv mate…….. 😉

binners

Which pub does he drink in? Simply get a few friends to nip in there and sit near to him, then start a conversation about ‘that former SAS bloke’ who lives down the road. The mild-mannered looking one, who’s therapy for PTSD has been going really well since ‘that incident’ with a former neighbour that resulted in the armed siege

Then whenever you see him just grin at him in a manic fashion, and maybe start hiding in the bushes in his garden dressed in full camo gear, with a big knife

teasel
    Free Member

you n need cctv mate

Wot you scared for, Ton? You’re a big fella that could probably end most folk with a fish pie…

😉

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Move house.

You’ll never beat cocktards like him….

tomhoward

Wot you scared for, Ton? You’re a big fella that could probably end most folk with a fish pie…

This isn’t the time or plaice for that sort of carp.

jimjam
    Free Member

Move house. HTH.

RustySpanner

That’s pretty serious.
    No one could be expected to live with that.
    Police, without a shadow of a doubt.

We called social services about a neighbour (cocaine dealer couple) who’s kids were being neglected.
    Fights and parties all weekend, endless screaming matches.
    They were always pleasant to us, no threats or anything intimidating, but the kids just needed help.

Hard not to be influenced by his behaviour towards you, but if the kids are suffering, you know what to do.

Good luck matey.

jekkyl

cracking Op for a monday, lets see how this develops.
    get CCTv as you’ll need it when you apply to: http://www.channel5.com/show/the-nightmare-neighbour-next-door

My advice would be to make sure your wife is watching if you have any physical or verbal altercation with him. If he lays a single finger on you call the police.

martinhutch

Then he started chanting “red army, red army.” He’s a MUFC fan.

Made me chuckle.

Most MUFC supporters are plagued by terrible self-doubt and feelings of inadequacy, so this kind of behaviour is to be expected.

Buy a City shirt is my advice. Will re-assert your alpha status. 🙂

derek_starship
    Free Member

Thanks so far.

Do I need to take at least a smack in the face before the police would get involved?

Sounds a bit wrong that. For all I know, he could kill me with a single punch.

martinhutch

No, in theory.

Threatening behaviour/words and harrassment should get the Old Bill involved. Recording interactions is the only way to show this, though.

It’s worth logging more minor stuff in case it escalates because it makes things a little more easy for police to interpret.

fd3chris
    Free Member

Tricky one this. I had a friend who lived at the beginning of my road years ago. He left after his mostly drunken neighbour started the same sort of stuff. Months later my friend and I were outside my house playing with my car when the old neighbour came out and started hollering etc down the road at my friend. Whatever way you deal with it it has to be dealt with now properly.

allan23
    Free Member

Do I need to take at least a smack in the face before the police would get involved?

Not from what work colleague said, he left it until there was a physical attack but it was the evidence that was key for the police to take action.

chakaping
    Free Member

Go down the cop shop and tell them what you’ve told us, asking for advice rather than demanding they do X or Y.

Make sure you include the bits about him threatening his wife and kids.

geoffj

How is getting the police involved going to help?
    Really – unless they take him away and bang him up there and then, it’s just going to provoke him.
    This is a long shot, but how about going around with a peace offering (pack of beers) and try talking to him?

Or move.

andybrad

These people breed unfortunately.

i would suggest watching a funny movie then going outside. if the bloke wants a confrontation just ask what the issue is in a very polite manner. Then informhim that based on evidence you are correct and he is sadly misguided. If he fails to see sense at this point the options are

a) smile nicely walk way and plan to move house.

b) smile nicely walk away and grab a spade and **** him with it.

so far B has worked well for me and im a right short arse. Youll be fine.

Last option and also another favorite of mine just smile at the man then get him fired from his job, his family to despise him and slip into a finacal spiral of debt followed up by soicitors letters and the odd smile cross the garden fence. Then **** him with the shovel.

cbike
    Free Member

Yep record and log and let police know.

The girlfriend’s crazy neighbours called the sspca when she went on holiday last week despite it being obvious her pal was checking on the cats twice a day.

Other neighbours kicked the door over a parked van. We called police and moved. Life is too short to be dealing with these type of people.

mj27
    Free Member

I had/have a neighbour dispute and the police placed a harassment order on him as a result of his actions. Like you each incident was not pleasant but could be brushed off in some way but it is the combination of events that needed some action.

Harassment orders are not that powerful but they are the first step in confronting the behaviour and it then enables a fuller response from the police if events occur again.

Record all incidents in a factual way, do not underestimate how this will impact on yourself and your wife. Maintain the moral high ground and use the authorities.

freeagent
    Free Member

We had a similar situation 7 years ago, which prompted us to move.

House next to us was owned by a local haulage company, who put lorry drivers in there.
    For the first couple of years 4 Polish guys shared – they were brilliant.
    They worked shifts so house normally quiet – except for a bit of laughter during their usual Saturday night card games.
    They moved out and this angry knuckle-dragger moved in with his white-trash girlfriend.
    after about 18 months of loud fights, loud shagging and general antisocial behaviour it all kicked off one Saturday night when he threw her out and she broke back in via the front window with a shovel.
    I called the Police, who turned up and took her away.
    House went on the market the following week. Life is too short.

seosamh77
    Free Member

cctv/polis or baseball bats, balaclavas, a white van, with obscured reggy plates and a few mates, seem the only sensible choices here.

Personally, I vote for escalation, it’ll make for good reading on here if nothing else! 😆

Kryton57

Don’t you know who he is, why of course its Ronnie **** Pickering, moved next door to you.

DezB
    Free Member

Wow. Response threads as if this is really humourous situation. A new low for STW.

Toddboy
    Free Member

DezB, and what is your expert advice on this situation? 🙄

DezB
    Free Member

Take the piss?

Cougar

It’s at least as productive as your contribution to the thread thus far.

(And mine, come to that.)

Cougar

… and I can fix my half of that, but only in so far as repeating what others have said. Start logging everything, times / dates / actions / verbal / duration. However you choose to escalate it, this is almost certainly the information they’ll want before anyone can take any action.

Either that or follow him home from the pub one night with a crowbar and put the fear of god into him. (-:

DezB
    Free Member

I’m renowned for my productive contributions too 😆

Derek_S – I say chin him.

yunki
    Free Member

If I remember correctly you and your neighbour have been winding each other up and antagonising each other for some time over various issues?

If I had a neighbour that I didn’t get on with I’d be doing my level best to kill them with kindness

johndoh
    Free Member

I have to agree with the earlier suggestion of taking some beers over and laying your cards on the table – you are a middle-aged bloke who has no interest in fighting and just ask ‘can we put this behind us’?

He’ll be happy because he has beer and he has ‘won’.

willard

Would those be the picolax homebrew beers that he’s made specially? I suspect he’d be happy with those, right up until the point he shat his ring.

wwaswas

I tried the ‘build bridges’ approach with a neighbour.

It just ended up with him assuming I was weak rather than someone who was able to ‘rise above’ petty disputes.

Don’t assume your neighbour has enough emotional intelligence to work out what’s expected of them once an olive branch has been held out.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘Psycho neighbour really wants a fight’ is closed to new replies.