Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • psi chart for forks
  • elaineanne
    Free Member

where can i find one….just wondering how much the max amount of air to put in front forks for me im roughy 8 and a half stone. i have 50 psi in at the moment…

Stoner
    Free Member

depends on the forks.

lipseal
    Free Member

I normal just measure the sag 20mm on 140 travel forks for me.

elaineanne
    Free Member

sorry yep i have ‘Rockshox recon Race’ forks on the hardtail and
    fox float R forks on the full sus…….
    would the hardtail be a different psi ? sorry im not over technical (lol)

BigJohn

Set them so they bottom out fully just once or twice a ride. Do it by trial and error and adjust for the terrain you’re going to be riding over.

Test by pressing down on the bars before you start. Just like setting tyre pressures by thumb.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

probably, yes. the pressure will be specific to the model. google the model and year of the fork, along with “air pressure” and you should find a chart on the manufacturer’s websites.

Stoner
    Free Member

elaineanne
    Free Member

well my weight isnt on there lol…it starts at 140 pounds in weight…
    im guessing im around 115-120 pounds in weight…
    according to that chart for someone who is 140 pounds should have 90psi in forks….. im confused.com lol can someone help please.lol. my forks are only 80mm travel on the hardtail, …

dan1980
    Free Member

I find that the rockshox PSI table is isn’t accurate.

Assuming that the recons only have one air valve on them, inflate to say 50psi, and see if they sag about 20% (i.e. for 100mm forks they compress 20mm) when you’re stood on the peddles leaning on the handlebars.

If they sag more than 20% of their length, put more air in them, if they sag less, take some out, repeat until you get about 20%

elaineanne
    Free Member

ok i followed what you said Dan, and 50 psi is about correct for me and my weight.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘psi chart for forks’ is closed to new replies.