• This topic has 109 replies, 55 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 110 total)
  • PSA/reminder: Dambusters flypast tomorrow (Thursday) Peaks/Ladybower
  • matthewlhome
    Free Member

Love the lancaster. Been ‘bombed’ in the garden over the last couple of years – there is an old Lancaster airfield nearby.

The noise it makes is amazing. Was a little bit nervous with the photos above. We think they saw us in the garden and then flew down the line of houses.

hora
    Free Member

Right-o chaps. See you tomorrow. Tally-o what

andyxxx
    Free Member

Parking will be horrendous anywhere in the area and tickets will be a plenty!
    I am going to park at Redmires dam and go past Stanage Poll then will watch it from Whinstone Lee Tor – which should hopefully give a great view.

mjb

Has anybody stood beneath the dam as it goes over? Can’t seem to find any photos from that angle.

matthewlhome
    Free Member

From my garden not the dam but
    Was disappointed that there was no one in the front turret

amodicumofgnar

Has anybody stood beneath the dam as it goes over? Can’t seem to find any photos from that angle.

That area was full of helicopters and TV and other stuff last time. The advantage of being up on the side is you can see them coming.

mjb

That area was full of helicopters and TV and other stuff last time. The advantage of being up on the side is you can see them coming.

Ah you’re right, it was tickets only last time. I Think a few were offered to locals like the vicar.

I did think the middle of Ladybower dam would make a good spot apart from the fact that it only goes over once.

mjb

Well it’s quite a nice morning now the mist has lifted, high cloud with patches of blue sky. The main road is already very busy and some people have been on the dam for 3 hours!!

mjb

Well it’s quite a nice morning now the mist has lifted, high cloud with patches of blue sky. The main road is very busy and some people have already been on the dam for 3 hours!!

simonm
    Free Member

Great call, noticed the signs on way home last night. Mega Skive going down.
    I’m riding in from Sheffield, aim for Whinestone Lee Torr. Forecast is great with a few showers later in the PM.

jambalaya
    Free Member

More great photos – thanks

A new dam buster game has been released link

doctorgnashoidz
    Free Member

Looks like I’ve just decided to head out too, quick front pad change and its good to go at lunch time. Weather is lovely too, bonus.

binners

My mum and dad have driven to Chatsworth this morning. They’re flying over there after the dams so more people can see them.

I is well jealous I’m not out there riding. Nice day for it too. Enjoy it you lucky lot. Plenty of pictures please

robhenry85
    Free Member

arrrrgggg..ffffs

i’m off today and was planning on going for a ride round there anyway! i saw this and thought bonus.

only to be told by my good lady “don’t forget we have a viewing on the house at 2, make sure the house in nice and tidy. bye i’m off to work” bad times 😥

shifter
    Free Member

Great coverage on Sky news

joat

Saw the Lancaster fly over north Notts about 12 o’clock on its way to Derbyshire. Not quite the same but enjoyable none the less.

jools182
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJREps9dCt8&list=UUYMQ2Q7EHBtizCdXVn6PxMg&index=1[/video]

here’s my wobbly video

feeling dizzy today, as usual

Rich_s
    MartynS

jools182…

how funny, if you were stood in the market square in chapel (and it looks like you were) you were stood very close to me!

hora
    Free Member

How many fly overs?! 4 from the Tornados 3 from the Spitfire(?)

The three news helicopters should ave joined in 8)
    Any pics? My phone shot the background behind 🙁

jools182
    Free Member

yes martyns, I went on my lunch break from work

timed it just right, only 5 mins of hanging around before the flypast

mjb

Taken from Load Hill just south of Whinstone Lee Tor. A few more here

The-Beard

Is that Spitfire painted PRU blue?

mjb

Fantastic weather and great to see it that close. There were one or two people out though…

mt
    Free Member

Great pictures.

hora
    Free Member

+1

doctorgnashoidz
    Free Member

I had a fantastic time and all on a dinner hour. I’ve never pedalled out to WLT as fast in my life. MJB I think you were v close to where I was sitting. I’m pretty pleased with my shots but yours are that bit sharper. Chapeau.

robidoo
    Free Member

Hope those that parked their cars at Fairhomes are in no rush to get home 😀

Bike was king today.

hora
    Free Member

Pre event they said no double yellow parking etc but it was mental. I parked at the bottom of Hagg farm layby. Beat the queues out too!

crazy-legs

Yep traffic was mental, bike was definitely the way to travel! I rode out there with richpips, we watched from half way up the Whinstone Lee Tor track. Good views, a lot quieter than most places.

Love the Lancaster noise! 🙂

robidoo
    Free Member

Had to dash off for the school run, I parked near Bamford it was bumper to bumper all the way.
    Had to chuckle to myself as a bloke in a Range rover pulled across to the white line to block the bikes only to have his mirror twatted by an oncoming campervan. 😳

Houns

We parked near Hagg farm and walked over. Sat at base of dam wall. Some good pix but all on my dlsr and won’t be home to upload until tomorrow. We declined to be interviewed on local radio and listened to some twonk next to us swear live on air

RustySpanner

Parked near the Snake Inn & hitched a lift.
    Very moving & very inspiring.

My dad’s old stamping ground, so visited a few of his favourite places.
    Was going to pop into the Rising Sun in Bamford for a pint and a late lunch, but no chance with that traffic.

Should have taken the bike!

Houns

Yes the beer festival looked tempting but too dangerous as I was driving

v10
    Free Member

Figured the traffic would be harsh so nipped to Chatsworth which was busy but ok. Ended up right underneath the pass line so photos aren’t the best but the noise was incredible 😆

shifter
    Free Member

Pic 5 is ace

jools182
    Free Member

top pics v10

bikehamster

Parked in Hope and rode over, loads of people on bikes – nice weather, nice ride, nice flypasts. Time for cake now… 🙂

Spud

Off looking after my youngest today, so a run out to Chatsworth in the fresh air is what she needed obviously. Must have been stood very close to you v10. My pics are very similar, although not as close on the Spitfire. It was fantastic to watch.

davetrave
    Free Member

Got to the top of WLT about 12ish and decided, after a quick scout, to drop down the hill a bit to the wall above the woods. I was the fell runner who then decided it was a good idea to take the direct line back up WLT at the end – parked on Mortimer Road above Cutthroat Bridge at 1100, ran over Foulstone and along the edge to WLT, then back to the car via Moscar. ‘Fraid my photos are a bit rubbish, was only using a compact.

Nevermind bikes for beating the rush, even more mobile on foot – no problems with aggro ramblers getting in the way…!

BTW the missus was giving me updates on progress from the Ops Room – the Lancaster nearly didn’t get off the ground… 😯

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 110 total)

The topic ‘PSA/reminder: Dambusters flypast tomorrow (Thursday) Peaks/Ladybower’ is closed to new replies.