Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • PSA…Make sure you wrap your batteries on your DX p7 lights
  • postierich
    Free Member

After a few wet rides water seems to have destroyed the PCB on the batteries did look a bit dodgy with the shrink wrap stuff on it.

So a few questions for those in the know
    1. Can I source a new board in the uk for the present pack?
    2. any other quality sealed battery packs out there that would work with the same connections?

You get what you pay for!
    Rich

takisawa2

Could that Smudge bloke not help you out ?
    Only hear good things of him.

postierich
    Free Member

Who is Smudge?

Sum
    Free Member

I had problems with my DX "bastid" battery pack after it got a soaking however I was lucky in that I was able to dry the pack out and it worked ok afterwards.

My 7.2v 6 cell NiMH pack worked with the light although the red low voltage indicator was lit all the time and I haven't tested that I get the full runtime with the NiMH pack.

Ps the pack should have a 2.1mm female connector with centre terminal positive.

kinda666
    Free Member

Smudge

He's not too far away from you rich, erdington way IIRC

z1ppy

As mentioned talk to 5mudge, have had great service from him

st

Rich, Smudge used to knock about on't local forum, sorted a few of out with batteries in the past. If you get hold of him lemme know, mine's gonna get it's first ride Thursdee.

snakebite
    Free Member

Ar, Smudge (Mark) is most helpful-sorted me a few batteries out in the past

soobalias
    Free Member

was it in the supplied bag rich?

might stick mine in a section of innertube and cable tie the ends up.

z1ppy

thinking of using a hot glue gun to seal mine, anyone got any thought as to whether this is a good/bad idea?

st

guess you can always peel the hot glue off if you need to.

postierich
    Free Member

Looks like Smudger is my man then will email him with a pic of the pcb as the batterys are fine.

z1ppy

st – that my thought.

smudge
    Free Member

Someone call my name 8)

I've just built a DX compatible battery, increased run time to 5.2Ah.

Postie, if you want to post me youre battery i'll have a look at it. The problem with water/damp getting is now the damage is done. It may well look dry and new pcb put on it, but the corrosion has already started on the cells and tags. Ive repaired batteries in the past only to get them returned a few months down the road with the cells completely corroded.

But I can replace the pcb if you want but wont guarantee the batteries life.

I allways suggest putting my batteries into re-sealable sandwich bags before putting them into the battery pouches.
    I as have 2S chargers.

But please email me with any other questions or info

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘PSA…Make sure you wrap your batteries on your DX p7 lights’ is closed to new replies.