Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • PSA:Halfords Wanga Dirt Cheap
  • monkeyfiend
    Free Member

I spent yesterday hunting down old stock sliding dropout Voodoo bikes at various Halford stores localy to me. Ive picked up a very nice Bokor fairly cheap but in the process turned down a Wanga at the Worcester Halfords. Its a 17 inch frame (but the guy on the phone said it 'looked' bigger so wasnt sure) and is priced up at £400 but the chap said they were desperate to move it so his manager had told him to accept anything above £200. This is for the complete bike.
    Someone has to want/need it, even if its to strip and ebay it for easy money?!

Phill

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Just phoned up, its been sold 🙁

Onzadog
    Free Member

I'd imagine either the guy at Halfords yo spoke to or the manager had it at that price.

monkeyfiend
    Free Member

noooo. Just got the all clear to buy it and put it storage for a few years for my daughter.

z1ppy

Popped in there last night , there was also a voodoo 20" Canzo going for £700
    did mean to post about both earlier 🙂

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

z1ppy – im picking that Canzo up tomorrow….. 😆

rOcKeTdOg

20" ?? bit big that innit?

monkeyfiend
    Free Member

loving the voodoo range at the mo. Gutted they wouldn't let me take it away today (bloody halfords safety inspection you know I'll have to check every nut and bolt when i get it anyway). Stroud have a 17 inch wanga on sale still for 400 pounds but i don't think he'll budge on it much, too small for me :(.

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg – Member

20" ?? bit big that innit?

Fine RD, both my inbred's are 20" and fit fine.

rOcKeTdOg

ah fair enough, my 19" wanga is plenty big enough for me though which made me ask

monkeyfiend
    Free Member

was keeping my fingers crossed for a 19 inch wanga but they had been snatched up so settled for a 20 inch bokor. 17 & 18's just felt too small.

psychle
    Free Member

my 19" wanga is plenty big enough for me

that's a big wanga… 😆

z1ppy

Boz how much did you get the Canzo for? (if the Wanga could be got for £200ish)

Wally

I picked up a £400 Wanga, proved very hard to sell the bits. Ended up paying £100 for the frame and wheels. Nice frame though! Wheels OK.

Houns

Sadly i missed out on the full XT Van Nic Zion that we sold for £880!!!

scaredypants

houns, I thought you were Halfords – how'd you miss out ?

Houns

One word of advice – Always read your emails even when they have no relevance to your job role

Still, picked up a Limba nice and cheap 😀

sturmey
    Free Member

Called in to the Stroud store today and the frame is a 19" not 17". Finishing kit is not fantastic but not a bad buy for the money. If you fancy it there is a chip on the down tube and a small scratch on the top tube might give room for manouvre on price.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘PSA:Halfords Wanga Dirt Cheap’ is closed to new replies.