• This topic has 23 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • PSA Yellowstone
  • rOcKeTdOg

BBC 2 now

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep, sod the tiresome trollinh of Smee, time to turn off and watch this. Stunning so far!

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Did you see that fox catching the mouse.

Amazing I say…

GJP
    Free Member

Is it just me who can’t face watching a program centred on the Winter just right now – I wanted some spring and summer “frollocks”

rOcKeTdOg

ouch at the locked wolves 🙁

rOcKeTdOg

i want the roof clearing job

Teetosugars
    Free Member

The fox/mouse was indeed fantastic..

scraprider
    Free Member

wow , stuning indeed, must rember to record it next week ,

tails
    Free Member

i want the roof clearing job

hands off I’m gonna be the snow mover, imagine telling your mates, hey guys I am a SNOW MOVER. Still I reckon that guys got a few to many tricks up his sleeve for me to nab his job. I long to be as content with life as he sounded

rOcKeTdOg

i’ve a head start, i’ve got the beard 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve been in summer – it’s a lot less interesting than you think it’s going to be. Would love to go in winter tho.

aracer
    Free Member

I’ve been in winter, and it is just as wonderful as it looked – you even get to see quite a bit of the wildlife close up for real. In some cases a bit too close – Mrs aracer wasn’t best impressed when the wolves started howling in the woods nearby as it was getting dark whilst we were still skiing back to the lodge.

Looking forward to the programme on summer to see just how overcrowded it is then (it seemed wonderfully deserted when we were there)!

molgrips
    Free Member

aracer – don’t you need special permits for the winter? How did you get up there, snowmobile or what?

chakaping
    Free Member

Anyone know if it’s repeated? Only managed to record the first 15 mins.

Minus 40 degrees! You guys can go in the winter, I think I’ll wait until it’s warmed up a bit.

aracer
    Free Member

don’t you need special permits for the winter?

Yes – you can’t just drive in like in the summer, which is a plus point! We didn’t just day trip in anyway – stayed at a Yellowstone Park lodge for a few days going out on ski trips round their waymarked trails, and then went to a Yurt camp with guided off-track XC ski trips. Transport in and out by snowmobile laid on by where we were staying – Yellowstone Park ones were ancient machines specifically built for the job, whilst the Yurt camp people used a converted 4×4.

It wasn’t cheap (cost more than going downhill skiing), but I’d definitely do it again given the chance!

molgrips
    Free Member

FWIW we went in September. Had a bit of trouble since when we set off from Wisconsin it was basically summer, mid to high 20s and summer clothes all round. On our first night in Yellowstone it snowed. So we were a touch underprepared, but survived without hypothermia. In any case, it was dead quiet. So Sept is a good time.

ebygomm
    Free Member

I don’t know whether it’s repeated but it’s on iplayer

I’ve been in summer – it’s a lot less interesting than you think it’s going to be

I’ve been in summer, it was a lot more interesting than I thought it was going to be

colnagokid

Repeated now, another amazing BBC wildlife/nature prog’

shinsplints

I want Geoff the snow clearers job & beard.

chakaping
    Free Member

Hooray, sat down with dinner, turned telly on and it was 2 mins after where I’d stopped watching it last night. Didn’t even know it was going to be on.

Really looking forward to the summer one – seeing how those bears steal the pic-a-nic baskets.

tails
    Free Member

I want Geoff the snow clearers job & beard.

oi your in a que mr. 😉 i watched it a second time, those bald eagles are huge

andywhit
    Free Member

The Bill Oddie snow clearer bloke had the ultimate stress-free job 🙂

snakebite
    Free Member

Great program wor it!!!

Drac

Caught the end last night but have Sky+ set to record the series in HD on Wednesday nights.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘PSA Yellowstone’ is closed to new replies.