Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • PSA: XT Groupset
  • chakaping
    Free Member

Nice one Doug, ta for sharing.

martinhutch

That has to be a pricing error. Fill yer boots!

nbt

All priced at 370 now

DezB
    Free Member

£370 still not bad. Merlin have SLX for £290

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

No idea if it was an error or not, mine has been picked and packed at £309 though 8)

£370 still not bad. Merlin have SLX for £290

Merlin at £290 is without brakes though, they are £370 with brakes, which is same price as Wiggle are (now) for the XT with brakes.

tomnavman
    Free Member

Did anyone else order this groupset, and did it arrive correct? They have sent me the wrong length cranks & wrong chainring…

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Did anyone else order this groupset, and did it arrive correct? They have sent me the wrong length cranks & wrong chainring…

I ordered it and had exactly the same issue. Wiggle have been very good at sorting it, have you contacted them?

styles
    Free Member

I have ordered two of these from Wiggle. Both came with 1400mm rear hose which was too short and also a fairly short chain. They are OEM sets fro the way they are packaged

juanghia
    Free Member

I have ordered two of these from Wiggle. Both came with 1400mm rear hose which was too short and also a fairly short chain. They are OEM sets fro the way they are packaged

Internet shopper meet the internet.

mark d
    Free Member

They are OEM.
    The brakes don’t come pre- bled and complete.
    They have to be made up.
    Also sometimes they come without the correct nuts/ bolts as they are taken off the production line.
    Getting things cheap can turn out to be a lot of man hours getting things to fit/ sourcing correct bolts etc.
    If you have time and patience than it may be worth getting cheap groupset from Wiggle.
    My opinion now is to save up another £100 and get the after market parts.

tomnavman
    Free Member

I ordered it and had exactly the same issue. Wiggle have been very good at sorting it, have you contacted them?

Contacted them – they have said to return entire groupset and re-order when it is back in stock in 2 – 4 weeks… not ideal when most of it is already attached to my bike / brakes bled etc!

Front hose slightly too short / I was lucky with the rear one. Suspect OEM for the european market as brakes came packaged with right lever / rear caliper.

Internet shopper meet the internet.

Would be fine if Wiggle were upfront about it on their site.

lovewookie

For future info, if you were to go to your LBS, tell them wiggle have the Shimano components on offer and can they price match, Madison will honour it, plus a little for the shop. Normally arriving the day after the order is placed too.
    it’ll be non OEM too.

It’s the Shimano PricePromise

🙂

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

@tomnavman
    Fwiw Wiggle suggested i just return the cranks and they have refunded them at their normal list price. Might be worth asking them about this option for you, apologies if it’s too late!

matt_outandabout

For future info, if you were to go to your LBS, tell them wiggle have the Shimano components on offer and can they price match, Madison will honour it, plus a little for the shop. Normally arriving the day after the order is placed too.
    it’ll be non OEM too.

It’s the Shimano PricePromise
    This. This I like. Lots. As will my LBS I hope.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘PSA: XT Groupset’ is closed to new replies.