Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • PSA – World Cup DH at Windham 7.30pm TODAY
  • chakaping
    Free Member

Don’t miss it folks.

Rachel continuing her domination in qualis while Gwin beat the rest of the men by more than two seconds on a short track – so he’ll be down last this week.

On Red Bull TV BTW.

edward2000
    Free Member

I watched last weeks wc race in front of my TV on sat night after a weeks riding in Slovenia. The mrs was out partying and I shouted at the TV when boy rat crossed the line. This sat night my folks and the inlaws and us are going out for dinner. Oh joy

akira

Hoping they show Missy’s run, think she qualified 17th without a track walk. Not too shabby.

chakaping
    Free Member

I’d expect Warner will know how many people are wanting to see that so fingers crossed.

docrobster
    Free Member

I’ll be on a plane. Hope I can catch up tomorrow if the holiday apartment wifi is up to it.
    How did Ratboy do in qualifying?

maxtorque

akira
    Hoping they show Missy’s run, think she qualified 17th without a track walk. Not too shabby.

Whilst i’ve got to give her a load of respect for getting back on a bike, all that Missys run showed is that the sport of DH has come a long way in 12 years!
    Whilst 17th sounds ok, Rach was 37 seconds faster, 37 secs! count em…………….. Watching Missys qually run, it’s quite clear the bike was riding her and not the otherway around.
    (ok, she had an off, but that’s the thing, you’ve got to get the bottom on your bike to win.)

So, yeah, great to see Missy backout and having fun, but it would be the same if say Warner came back to do the mens race!

kimbers

all that Missys run showed is that the sport of DH has come a long way in 12 years!
    Whilst 17th sounds ok, Rach was 37 seconds faster, 37 secs! count em

i respectfully disagree, shed only ridden 15 times in the last 10 years or something and shes within 37 secsonds, 3rd place was 10 seconds off!

taking 12 years out from bike riding and still qualifying for a world cup DH race shows that its hardly moved on at all!

BruceWee

She looked like she was pinning it in the fast sections but a bit cautious in the slower technical sections. She also looked knackered. Would love to see what she could do if she went back to riding full time.

chakaping
    Free Member

Big time gaps are commonplace in the women’s races.

I don’t think anyone’s expecting her to get on the podium but it’s a great story.

stevied
    Free Member

Perfect…wife away tonight, thanks op

chakaping
    Free Member

Link to Missy’s quali run here. Can’t see an embed code sorry…
    http://www.pinkbike.com/news/video-windham-dh-world-cup-missy-giove-qualifyng-run-2015.html

Hands up everyone who reckons they’d have ridden it faster than her.

*keeps hands down*

Northwind

If missy could get a leg swap before tonight she’d take a hell of a lot out of that time, she just doesn’t have the power and no wonder. Proper ride of 2 halves. Remember she doesn’t know the track like the regulars either (also read she didn’t do trackwalk and only a little practice, don’t know how accurate that is though)

That said, if she was going faster she might just end up killing herself, who knows, she looked horrendous through that rhythm section at 1:09 😆

jam-bo

I love a bit of nostalgia, but if that run is worthy of 17th place at the pinnacle of women’s DH racing, its not a very good advert for the state of women’s DH racing.

Coyote
    Free Member

Because you could ride it so much better?

chakaping
    Free Member

Has women’s elite DH ever had more than five or six genuine contenders at a given time?

Serious question.

Doesn’t help that the teams aren’t supporting the women’s side of course. Ragot got dropped by Lapierre last year and big teams like SC Syndicate and Trek Factory Racing don’t even have any women in DH.

jam-bo

Because you could ride it so much better?

That’s kinda missing the point isn’t it?

kimbers

lets be honest , sadly , mtb of nearly all disciplines, more so DH? is >90% blokes

PrinceJohn

Seems a shame Rachel won the overall series in qualifying, think they need to look at that in the future.

chakaping
    Free Member

Wife and kids have decided to stay over at MiL’s house this eve.

🙂

Seems a shame Rachel won the overall series in qualifying, think they need to look at that in the future.

Yep, I say we make her wear a blindfold for every other race.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

After a fortnight of **** cricket at work, I’ve been super excited to watch “my sport” all week. Redbull have proved their worth the past few seasons, Claudio being the best bit of that package. I long for Dirt&Freecaster every time the red bull streamer does its thing though, and particularly think there’s a MASSIVE gap for GeeBee media or Cut or anyone to release a proper end of season special.

All that aside, Minaar for the win ’cause it makes my life better when he does.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

I love a bit of nostalgia, but if that run is worthy of 17th place at the pinnacle of women’s DH racing, its not a very good advert for the state of women’s DH racing.

There’s a decent number of women showing up to the beer league DH races in Whistler each week, but still dwarfed by the number of blokes turning up. Still, it’s a huge improvement over where it used to be and over time these ladies should start to trickle up and we’ll have more competition at the top end.

chakaping
    Free Member

Manon looks fast this week.

MSP

Rachel Atherton is just on another level to the rest.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Missy 3rd fastest at the 1min split! Shame she lost it later on.

chakaping
    Free Member

Blenki is such a classy rider. He must’ve come off to be that far behind eh?

chakaping
    Free Member

I hope Brannigan’s going to head back up and rebuild all those berms now.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Missy 3rd fastest at the 1min split! Shame she lost it later on.

Where are you seeing that? She had the 3rd highest speed, but was always some way off the pace.

ninfan
    Free Member

What the F…. 😯

chakaping
    Free Member

Well I didn’t really want him to win, but you can’t argue with riding like that.

woodster

Mental as usual.

Say what you like about him, but he’s brilliant to watch and thoroughly deserved that.

Gutted for Bruni as usual.

chvck
    Free Member

That was quite a race, but shit how does he do that?!

jam-bo

It’s like he’s on a mission from God…

nickc

Bloody hell! How does he do that!

amazing racing, gutted for Loic, poor fella looked crushed at the bottom.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

The first bit of Gwin. I don’t even know. I already saved the gif someone twittered. Brilliant.

ferrals
    Free Member

Exciting race. Gutted for bruni – though he’d have been 2nd at best.

Brit 1.2.3 in the womens is great to see! I still cannot understand why mainstream media aren’t really picking up on britains excellent showing in dh.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

because there’s no ball involved! :/

wiggles
    Free Member

Gwin on another level again.

I reckon Bruni will win champs (typical french) after no wins in the w’cups.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I still cannot understand why mainstream media aren’t really picking up on britains excellent showing in dh.

Well, primarily because it’s a tiny, insignificant minority sport, enjoyed by a tiny, insignificant minority of the population.

woodster

No wonder Bruni got a flat, the French would ever use Uncle Ben’s..

Syndicate Tubeless solution

Superficial
    Free Member

Gwin – sur une autre planète 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘PSA – World Cup DH at Windham 7.30pm TODAY’ is closed to new replies.