Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • PSA: Windows Nerds* – Grab Your Outlook.com address today
  • Jamie
    Free Member

Outlook.com has gone live today for those that care. Essentially a new front end for hotmail, initially at least, but looks very swish. So if you sick of being bobsmith123UK@hotmail.com then maybe you can get something a bit better.

outlook.com

outlook.com preview from the verge

*or any other kind of nerd for that matter.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Nice one Jamie! I now have the second ‘t’ in my name that I’ve wanted for 15 years.

Drac

Well that’s yet another email address sorted ta.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    avdave2

Thanks

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

hmmm… so what name shall I pick for my new log in on here?

wwaswas

that’s odd – it just took me to my hotmail account?

RealMan
    Free Member

Passwords must have at least 8 characters and contain at least two of the following: upper case letters, lower case letters, numbers and symbols.

ffs.

matt_outandabout

And Pa55word. does not count 😉

RealMan
    Free Member

Oooo. It’s actually looking quite nice. Very clean. Don’t know if I’ll use it, but you can never have too many email accounts.

wwaswas

ah, logging out of hotmail helped.

now have an out;look.com with the same name.

IA

So if you sick of being bobsmith123UK@hotmail.com then maybe you can get something a bit better.

Hmm, but hotmail’s now getting so old it’s nearly got retro-cool 😉

Ahh, I remember the days when this were nought but fields and MS didn’t own hotmail….

wwaswas

when this were nought but fields

they’re all objects and labels nowadays.

igmc

IA

Pro tip for you all:

If you already have a live.com or hotmail or msn account, just grab an outlook.com alias for it, instead of a new account:

http://t.co/9K1fj8c9

they’re all objects and labels nowadays.

igmc

Please, allow me to fetch it for you. 😉

wwaswas

damn – it’s saying my address has already gone ‘cos I created an account so I can’t have an alias…

IA

I imagine once they get their arse in gear you’ll be able to link the accounts, they’ve had it for their other live properties.

redthunder
    Free Member

I just got RedThunder 🙂

alfabus
    Free Member

cheers, i’ve got a windows live account for my msdn account, so i’ve linked an alias to that 🙂

best to get in early with these things, even if i’ve no intention at the moment of leaving gmail 😀

Dave

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

Done! thanks for the heads up, at last I have my own name

IanMunro
    Free Member

I got all excited, but when I discovered that the sign in page was written by a 1st year computer science student as part of their resit assignment, I lost confidence with the whole thing 🙂

fubar
    Free Member

I’ve reserved a sensible address for my 4 year old – hope she appreciates it !

paulosoxo
    Free Member

fubar – Member

I’ve just done the same for a two year old and a six year old! Absolutely pointless.

Oliverosoxo and Samuelosoxo are both a mouthful 🙂

flatfish
    Free Member

4 and 5 year old sorted as well as the wife.

footflaps

Good spot, just got my name “benfreeman”

Ben

Mounty_73

I have a hotmail account, but what has happened to skydrive?

I cant see the link to it, anyone?

Just googled and you can switch back to the old style/format hotmail account.

Ewan
    Free Member

I know have “unsettled@outlook” and “changeable@outlook”.

Mounty_73

Does this mean they are replacing hotmail.co.uk address’s with the @outlook format?

GrahamS

So if you sick of being bobsmith123UK@hotmail.com then maybe you can get something a bit better.

Surely any proper Nerd has their own domain and a domain-based email address forwarding to whatever backend provider they fancy using (or indeed their own mail server)? 😀

IA

Of course I do ;-P

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Done! thanks for the heads up, at last I have my own name

Ah, this takes me right back to many years ago when I did the same thing for the whole family when gmail started up. Must be getting old.

titusrider
    Free Member

sorted 🙂

got myself my name (not v difficult) as an alias for my hotmail acount

Also took the opportunity to get my name out of my STW email so set one up specially to reduce stalking potential

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Windows Nerds* – Grab Your Outlook.com address today’ is closed to new replies.