Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • PSA: Wildlife Photographer of the Year opens this weekend in Bristol
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Linky

Opens this weekend in Bristol. For anyone outside London who’s visiting Brizzle with kids/partners looking for something to do, it’s worth a look and is free to visit. Tbh, I don’t visit many photography exhibitions during the year, but I never miss this one. There are always some fantastic shots. For anyone who doesn’t know where it is, just ask a local where the Wills Memorial Building is. It’s in a nice part of town too plenty of bars and cafés in the vicinity for eating and drinking.

bonchance
    Free Member

+1

I thought it may have moved to Mshed though? Can’t open the link right now..

Sure it will be fine at Mshed – move was a bit of a shame – had become a bit of a fixture at the Museum I thought..

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

😳

Well spotted bonchance. Seems it is at the MShed this year. The photo on the website looks just like the exhibition room in the WMB.

Oh well, it’s still a grand part of town. And you get to see the cranes. 🙂

fasthaggis

Nice one DD .
    Bookmarked the date for when it’s up here in March.
    The entries from the young age groups are fantastic.

Legoman
    Free Member

Saw this few years ago at the Natural History Museum in Tring – stunning, a great way to spend a couple of hours. Hope it will be touring again.

Got a few of the books too.

Edit: coming to Tring from 1st Dec!

grum
    Free Member

I’ve seen some of the shots from this year and there’s some incredible stuff in there.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Small point, it’s not free in Brissle, most days seems to be a couple of quid.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Jesus, my PSA is being torn apart bit by bit. 🙂

All the years I visited it at the WMB, it was free. They’re charging this year? 😐

Philby

Thanks for the heads up – have been for the last few years, and have always relied on finding out when it’s on from the large banners outside the Museum. Would never have looked at what was on at the MShed. Fantastic photos really demonstrate that there is still beauty left in the world.

Slight annoyance that it has an entrance fee this year.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Slight annoyance that it has an entrance fee this year.

That’s an arse. You can thank bonchance for pointing out that it’s at the MShed. Some other eejit was telling everyone it was at the museum. 🙂 I suspect they’re doing what they can to get people into the shed.

CountZero

I saw it about a week ago at the NH Museum in London. Cost £12 to get in, 😯 but is fantastic, easily a couple of hours to really see the photos properly. I’d happily go and see it again in Brissle.
    The photos by the young photographers are outstanding; there’s a Swiss lad, who took a fabulous photo of a stoat in the snow in mid-air as it pounced on something under the snow. Beautiful photo.

I suspect they’re doing what they can to get people into the shed.

It might be a space issue; the photos are all illuminated from behind, and there are lots, so it takes up lots of room.

bruk

Saw it in Liverpool a couple of years ago. Looks like the closest will be Rheged in Cumbria.

Can’t see why it’s not on in Manchester or Liverpool?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Wildlife Photographer of the Year opens this weekend in Bristol’ is closed to new replies.