Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • PSA – Wiggo interview – BBC1 Now! 2120
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

As above.

geoffj

The footy is on 🙄

northshoreniall

Thank you

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    deluded
    Free Member

Good shout Cfh – was watching 24 hours in A&E!

unklehomered
    Free Member

Cheers! Liking this rewind live tv feature on the beeb streams now 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

I must be getting soft, that made me quite emotional 🙂

speckledbob
    Free Member

Cheers. Would have defo missed.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

At the end of the day cycling is a minority sport but we keep putting in these performances and raising the profile every year.

Thank you, Wiggo. Thank you Cav, Froome, Hoy, Pendleton, Reade, Armitstead (Sorry!) and all the rest. Thank you.

What you do for cycling is superb!

Thank you.

allthepies
    Free Member

Right, I’m buying some Wiggo stamps 🙂

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/19077554

hamishthecat

Got a bit of dust in the eye when he held up the medal and the crowd outside cheered. 😀

geoffj

…..not forgetting Armistead

brakes
    Free Member

Sir Bradley Wiggins, I salute you! 8)

JohnClimber
    Free Member
    CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

geoffj, edit in place. My mistake…! (She looks just like a colleague of mine as well. Which is nice!)

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I used to pass Lizzie on Ilkley Moor/Bingley Moor/Burley Moor on my way to work some mornings, probably when she was in her late teens, very noticeable pristine kit, nice bike, very athletic, very pretty.

Brycey
    Free Member

Bugger, missed it. Doesn’t seem to be on iplayer either.

brooess
    Free Member

It’s great to see someone so successful be so mature about it.
    Great role model, great for cycling

Andy

Good call CFH – enjoyed that!

craigxxl
    Free Member

Whilst we a singing the praises lets forget Emma Pooley. She may not have won any medals but Lizzie wouldn’t have got her’s without Emma gutsy ride. They are great ambassadors for sport

alex222
    Free Member

Thank you, Wiggo. Thank you Cav, Froome, Hoy, Pendleton, Reade, Armitstead (Sorry!) and all the rest. Thank you.

but most of all thank you Gilbert, Cancellara & Vinokorov – you are the bad ass rouleurs who showe us that bad boy cyclist are still the best no matter how good a team are. You also teach us that breaking out and riding with a bunch of other badasses is the best way to win a long and epic classic style race. I hope this style of riding inspire British cyclists from now on.

mikey74
    Free Member

Just seen Wiggo’s press conference on Sky: He was supping a vodka/tonic. Good work 😀

MussEd
    Free Member

Whilst we a singing the praises lets forget Emma Pooley.

bit harsh…

NickScots
    Free Member

but most of all thank you Gilbert, Cancellara & Vinokorov – you are the bad ass rouleurs who showe us that bad boy cyclist are still the best no matter how good a team are. You also teach us that breaking out and riding with a bunch of other badasses is the best way to win a long and epic classic style race. I hope this style of riding inspire British cyclists from now on.

Vino was a doper and Gilbert has been warned by the UCI over blood levels. However we love the Vino’s style, I saw him in TIGNES in 2007, great rider. Gilbert – has done nothing since he was warned off by the UCI.

I never watched most of the ride today as I knew Wiggo would win as Spartacus was injured and Martin was off form, Wiggo was immense this summer so was a dead cert. Will Wiggo break away a.la Spartacus and win the world Champs next ?

Looking forward to the Scotsman Hoy to get some gold soon……

alex222
    Free Member

Vino was a doper and Gilbert has been warned by the UCI over blood levels

Both still badasses. It doesn’t matter how many people say ‘doper’ these are the best kind of rider. Millar is a doper and he could easily have riden off on Saturday; if it wasn’t for the fact he probably had to beg to get on team gb and promise not to ride off in a break because he is no badass. If GB had won no one would have called out Millar as an proven doper now would they. It is sour grapes because a real badman won and no one wanted to play ball understandably as no one wanted to take Cav on in a sprint. Which is a massive shame because Cav is one of those athletes who is probably cursed to never win a gold now.

mrchrispy

Hitler on a tricycle would be a more popular winner than vino.

MrGreedy

If GB had won no one would have called out Millar as an proven doper now would they

The difference is that Millar has shown some contrition, took his ban and apologised for what he did, as well as actively working to make the sport cleaner on his return. Vinokourov has remained in denial and will be forever tainted as a result, no matter how much panache he might ride with. The sport will be much better off without Vino and others like him.

alex222
    Free Member

Hitler on a tricycle would be a more popular winner than vino.

Hitler was very popular. Wasn’t that the main problem?

The sport will be much better off without Vino and others like him.

I disagree

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

The sport will be much better off without Vino and others like him.

I disagree

[/quote]

As a rider I do like his style, but as a person we would be so much better off without the likes of him.

FuzzyWuzzy

I guess at least Vino didn’t buy his Olympics win.

Good interview from Brad although his comment on only gold really mattering probably didn’t go down to well with some (understandable from his perspective but taken out of that context it doesn’t read well).

Nobby

In case you missed it…

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Wiggo interview – BBC1 Now! 2120’ is closed to new replies.