Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • PSA – Wiggle stock alerts (or am I being unreasonable?)
  • manderson
    Free Member

So wiggle were advertising a feedback workstand at a very attractive price. The only problem being that they were out of stock. No need to fret though as they have a button inviting you to sign up for a stock alert which I duly did.

Received an email on Friday to say the stand was back in stock so I went on to buy the said stand only to find theyd put the price up by £50!!!

Am I being u reasonable to think this is at worst disingenuous and at best just very poor customer service?

Needless to say if I end up spending the full amount then it won’t be with wiggle.

scotroutes

Yes.

simondbarnes

I’ve noticed many companies offering cheap deals on stuff that is out of stock only to put the price up when stock arrives. Guess it draws people to their website through google searches and the like.

chakaping
    Free Member

Quite reasonable but it’s good you didn’t give the slippery shits any of your money.

manderson
    Free Member

75% right ain’t bad:)

What’s more weird is that they tell me they don’t know when prices will change… what an odd way to run a business. Do they agree to buy stock at random prices and then cross their fingers and hope?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Am I being u reasonable to think this is at worst disingenuous and at best just very poor customer service?

No its crap of way of marketting IMHO as it makes me dislike them

Not come across this though but i dont ask for alerts

hora
    Free Member

On one do a variation of this. Click through and its a totally different price.

nuke

On one do a variation of this. Click through and its a totally different price.

…and out of stock

manderson
    Free Member

On one seem to have dropped off a cliff in terms of reputation in the last 12 months from what I read on here. I’d expect wiggle to be large enough to get things right though.

If only they were all as good as Hope who replaced a worn cable in my Vision 2 completely free of charge long after the warranty was out!

Lummox

I’m waiting on a notification on 140 29er pikes, also waiting to see the price increase when they’re back in stock

radoggair
    Free Member

its pretty funny how many people obviously dont run businesses but love to slander others that do

bigrich

they put it on sale at a good price and subsequently sold all their stock? how dare they!

climbingkev
    Free Member

You’re going to love JE James offers!

manderson
    Free Member

Wrong – they sold out, ordered more at price “x” but continued to advertise it at the heavily discounted rate which would lead any normal person to believe that was the price they would sell it at. I would argue that once it was sold out then they should either revert to rrp or another price they know they will sell at once they have restocked given they presumably know what price they are paying for the new stock.

manderson
    Free Member

Also, I don’t think stating a series of facts is slander but then I’m not a lawyer…

radoggair
    Free Member

Wrong – the advertised product was ‘out of stock’ at the price that was originally advertised. They got a delivery in but chose to not have that product at the discounted price so put the price up to their chosen RRP, which they then advertised the products the now have in stock at. Their old discounted stock had ran out so if you dont want to pay the new price for the item they now have stocked, then dont. Dont come on to a forum and bitch about it though

radoggair
    Free Member

Your e-mail alert was an ‘item now in stock’, and nothing more. Your item is back in stock, just not at the price you were hoping

manderson
    Free Member

Ridiculous. If the product appears on the website at the discounted price albeit currently out if stock ‘but don’t worry there’s more on the way as it’ll be back in stock mid january’ then that is clearly suggestive of the new stock being made available at that price. Call it crafty marketing if you like but in my opinion that’s clearly the intention/suggestion

scotroutes

And there’s the rub. In my opinion, it’s not.

radoggair
    Free Member

nor mine, it means more stock is on the way. Its not crafty marketing either

What’s more weird is that they tell me they don’t know when prices will change… what an odd way to run a business. Do they agree to buy stock at random prices and then cross their fingers and hope?

and this, prices do change all the time, depending on alot of criteria’s ( curency, oil prices etc) This is why your petrol price changes nearly every week because prices change. Mental i know

Spin
    Free Member

At least Wiggle don’t let you actually part with money for out of stock items. Unlike Rutland.

scotroutes

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Wiggle stock alerts (or am I being unreasonable?)’ is closed to new replies.