Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • PSA – Western Isles mtbing – BBC Alba
  • birky
    Free Member

Repeat but worth a look …

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06w1n0r/episodes/guide

“Documentary following sisters Kerry and Kirsty MacPhee as they embark on a mountain bike trip through the Western Isles.”

hodgynd
    Free Member

Is the commentary.. sub-titled ? ( not being arsey)..just wondering prior to “signing up”..although I’m interested there would be little point in watching 3 episodes if I couldn’t understand what is being said ..
    Did some mountain biking on Harris in 2007..and would love to go back one day .

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Aye, it’s subtitled, well worth a watch as the scenery is stunning and they are two nice lassies as well.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Cheers.

user-removed
    Free Member

Enjoyed the first episode, ta! Off to Boots for waterproof mascara now…

belugabob
    Free Member

Definitely worth a watch.

It is subtitled, but they do swear in English (well, Anglo-Saxon)

ElShalimo

That was great, I’ll watch the other episodes soon
    Thanks

iainc

Was a good watch, Know Kerry and a great ambassador for all of it.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Watched the first episode ..it was ok but not too much to get excited about .
    I’m more looking forward to the next when they move on to Harris and perhaps spotting something that I have ridden on myself ..also in terms of scenery things should also improve ..

hodgynd
    Free Member

That second episode was more like it ..and I had indeed ridden the first two tracks ..but spookily in reverse of how the girls did .
    The big white house at the end of the coffin road track at Seilebost was the one we stayed in ..but the literature & Christmas card that we still get 10 years later have explained that it is now the owners home / art gallery cafe ..it was only built the previous year when we rented it .
    The second track missed out a great trail through a wide but high sided valley and overall doing it in a clockwise direction to my mind looked better than the way they tackled it .
    That beach at Luskentyre also brought back memories as being the only people on it at 8.00pm in the evening ..just perfect !
    The last track is the reason for me wanting to return as I wasn’t able to fit it in ..we were on a family holiday at the time with my then 4 year old son ..but I was really grateful to get in the riding that I did ..even if it did mean that I had to take Gilly’s man & aunty with us!( only joking in the unlikely event that they will ever read this ).
    Looking forward to the last episode now..on the flat lands of Lewis.

scotroutes

PPPPPP

You’ll see what I mean once you’ve watched it 🙂

birky
    Free Member

Bump. Ep3 on now.

voodoo_chile

Worth a watch

birky
    Free Member

More of Kerry and Kirsty. Last week was Applecross https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b09jqz6g/kerry-is-kirsty-series-1-1-achomraich and tonight is Trotternish (BBC Alba 8.30).

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Western Isles mtbing – BBC Alba’ is closed to new replies.