Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • PSA: very cheep oxford locks/chains and Cheep full face helmets!
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

http://www.georgewhite.co.uk

Went yesterday, they had oxford 2m chains and padlocks for £19.99, down form about double that, they'r £43 on CRC.

And some g-mac (i.ve never heard of them either) MX helmets, now I know they'r unknown but being MX helmets will be better than bike specific ones, various prices, but all under £50, and all fairly light at 1350g , certainly light enough not to be a problem Vs bike helmets form 661 etc. Plenty of sizes, just be aware, I've an odd sized, 63cm head, and in the california I was comfy in a medium, which was a bit wierd as normaly I'm stretching an XXL over my noggin.

Bought a chain but I'd already put my money where my mouth was for a 661 helmet.

Well worth poping in if your on the M4 sometime and want a lock or helmet cheeply. They had the silly expensive oxford hardcore chains as well for £39 down form £80.

brakes
    Free Member

is this across all their stores?
    the one in Hackney is on my way home from work…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

haven't the foggiest, I was in the outlet store in Swindon

brakes
    Free Member

guess I'll have to pop in and find out

Northwind

Bit late for you, but Oxford chains are without exception no damn good. OK buy at £40 but you don't really want to depend on one against any sort of professional, not one of their chains will stand up to a boltcutter attack. Which is another way of saying "stops amateurs and kids and that's it"

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘PSA: very cheep oxford locks/chains and Cheep full face helmets!’ is closed to new replies.