Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • PSA – True Grit (2010) BBC2 9pm
  • jon1973
    Free Member

Well worth a watch if you haven’t seen it already (or even if you have). Great film.

PJ266
    Free Member

Spotted that, Inglourious Basterds on 4 at 10 too. Spoilt for choice.

Drac

Inglourious Basterds wins it for me but True Grit is also very good.

chakaping
    Free Member

nice one, been looking forward to catching that

jon1973
    Free Member

Inglourious Basterds also very good. I watched that a few weeks back.

footflaps

Both great films.

gilbertodepiento
    Free Member

What a great film. Really glad I watched it.

Time just gets away from us. How true.

Taylorplayer
    Free Member

Enjoyed that, and a song from Iris Dement to finish with too.

Andy

Watched it. Seems to be an almost identical remake of the 1969 version without the performances of Wayne, Campbell, Duvall and Hopper so not sure of the point of the remake.

Nick

It’s better

jon1973
    Free Member

version without the performances of Wayne

That’s a good thing, surely?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Enjoyed that.

Andy

Aside from views of Wayne the person, some of Wayne’s performances were superb. More modern picture quality yes, but not sure any better other than Damon and Seinfelds performances were better than the originals but Wayne and Duvall outclass the later version. Plus it’s just too similar to the original. How does it differ to make it better? (Apart from the 25 years later bit!)

Maybe it’s not that different because the original was so good? 🙂

Speshpaul

Well i enjoyed it, and i not one for remakes.

as for IB on the other side, what a pile of crap. of the few DVD’s own a fair percentage are the work of QT, but i can’r stand IB. I’ve watched it thought it was crap, then thought maybe i was being harsh tried again, 1st scene – great, then it just goes to bollocks.

anagallis_arvensis

Watched it. Seems to be an almost identical remake of the 1969 version without the performances of Wayne, Campbell, Duvall and Hopper so not sure of the point of the remake.

I agree, the original is better

Andy

Actually thinking about it I can only think of two “superb” performances by Wayne – True Grit and The Searchers – any others? 😕

Enjoyed watching the remake though. 😀

wingnuts

I prefer the remake. Bridges is much better as the flawed Rooster and the girl has much more depth of character. And I’m not one for new versions.

toppers3933
    Free Member

I am a big john Wayne fan. At least his films. He is the quintessential cowboy for me. That said I really enjoyed the remake if this. All excellent performances.
    Waynes final film ‘The Shootist’ is an excellent film.

*spoiler alert*
    It’s also one of only eight of his 200 or so films in which he dies.

kjcc25
    Free Member

A good film but it really annoys me when someone talks over the credits telling you about an up an coming programme. Watched a film called Passchedaele last week and as the credits came up some idiot came on to talk about some future programme. Ruined the ending for me, as it took away the emotion of the moment and spoilt a good song.

jon1973
    Free Member

it really annoys me when someone talks over the credits telling you about an up an coming programme

+1. I thought it was just me being anal. Annoys the hell out of me too. Also, when you want to actually read the credits, to find out an actors name, film location or something and they squeeze it all up in to the top quarter of the screen, so they can show you what’s coming up next.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘PSA – True Grit (2010) BBC2 9pm’ is closed to new replies.