Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • PSA – Triban 3 – £150 for a 51cm
  • nbt

Tempted till I saw it was 650B wheels – makes sense in terms of the size, but means there’s no commonality with my existing 700C bikes 🙁

larkim
    Free Member

It was great value at £300 in all sizes, so at that price its a steal, despite the peculiar wheel sizes for the 51cm frame.

lunge

That’s a bargain, if it was an XL I’d snap that up to use as a turbo bike.

skids
    Free Member

i bought a 57cm a few weeks ago but they sent be a 51cm! had to refund as no more stock of 57, the 51 was really small, can’t imagine many adults fitting on it. pretty sure that 51 is the effective seat tube size

silverT4
    Free Member

I’m 5’6″ and rode my 51cm/650c Triban 3 from Loughborough to Bruges a fortnight ago for charity. Didn’t hold me back compared to 700c riders. Just meant I pedalled 8% harder than them to keep up.

nathb
    Free Member

Just bought the missus one of these, she’s 5ft 3 so should fit her fine.

Tyre choices are a bit slim though!

Does it have a cassette or freewheel?

drewd

It was a cassette on mine, but mine was size 54cm so had 700c wheels. I think that they’re the same on the 650c ones. It’s worth greasing and adjusting the hubs when new as they’re a known weak point. Decathlon will sort out any problems though.

nathb
    Free Member

drewd – Member
    It was a cassette on mine, but mine was size 54cm so had 700c wheels. I think that they’re the same on the 650c ones. It’s worth greasing and adjusting the hubs when new as they’re a known weak point. Decathlon will sort out any problems though.

Thanks!

sparrowlegs78
    Free Member

I have a 63cm triban 3 for sale 😉

Caz xxx

RustySpanner

All sold out now.

nathb
    Free Member

It arrived today, very impressed by the quality on this thing. An absolute steal at £150!!!

Came with Microshift shifters as oppose to the spec sheets Claris ones (micro ones look better imo)

And actually the 650c wheels aren’t as small as I had pictured them in my head:

Weighs 9.7kg, but I’m expecting to drop a little when the new tyres and tubes arrive.

Only problem I’ve had is the triple mech is horrendous to setup! The crank arms are 170mm, but I’m tempted to just swap the chainset out for some 172.5mm 105 ones and double mech I have laying around, this will also knock off over .5kg instantly!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Triban 3 – £150 for a 51cm’ is closed to new replies.