Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • psa trainline.com users
  • poolman
    Free Member

I just booked discounted tickets direct with the operator & I didn’t pay a booking fee or credit card charges. Good luck, heard it on R4 last week, thanks.

spooky_b329

redspottedhanky has been cheaper for me as well.

northernmatt

If heading north from London up East coast mainline use the East Coast website, they don’t charge a booking fee either. They also have a handy grid type tool that lets you see the cheapest fares for your timeframe, just booked return tickets to Edinburgh from Newcastle for me and the missus for £52. It lets you book other operators than just East Coast as well.

scuttler

ECML has no booking fees and a rewards scheme too but then regular travellers will probably know that. I get to go to London or Edinburgh a few times a year with the Mrs in First Class for nowt. Probably all go to rats##t now it’s being re-privatised.

jp-t853

+1 redspottedhanky no booking or credit card fees

GrahamS

I usually just use National Rail Enquiries which then takes you to the appropriate operators website to book.

CraigW
    Free Member

Redspottedhanky now charge £1 booking fee, plus £1 for postage.
    So usually better to use East Coast website (or another train company), which has no fees and free postage.

Though if you have Tesco Clubcard vouchers, you can get double for them at Redspottedhanky.

epicsteve
    Free Member

We travel between London and Edinburgh a lot and generally use the East Coast site. What’s odd though is that there have been several occasions where seat reservations couldn’t be made on the preferred train via East Coast but could on thetrainline – despite it being for an East Coast train.

njee20
    Free Member

East Cost FTW. Book all my train travel through their site, irrespective of TOC (rarely actually using East Coast). No fees and their reward scheme is good, although I now need to spend the 3000 or so points I’ve accumulated 😕 . No idea why anyone would use the Trainline frankly!

doctorgnashoidz
    Free Member

However the flip side is their refund process is 1 click in my account if you haven’t already collected your tickets, very easy. It is subject to a fee and the advance fares are not refundable. However, you can still refund and re-book an advance journey to something else which could mean you still travel cheaper than a walk on fare even after the fee. handy to know.

finbar
    Free Member

I use East Midlands trains site with quidco.

martinhutch

Also, try this:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/split-cheap-train-tickets/

before booking any return tickets. I was staggered at how much I saved on a couple of long journeys.

scuttler

I was right.

It’s been announced that the East Coast Rewards scheme will become Nectar. I’m so looking forward to spending my points on half-price Franky and Bennys vouchers rather than first class rail travel….

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘psa trainline.com users’ is closed to new replies.