Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)
  • PSA: Tour of Flanders *possible spoilers*
  • simmy
    Free Member

Good question Jamie, I’ve never watched before.

That Trek rider went down with a Bang. Where are the cars ? Just members of the Public trying to help him who may do more harm than good.

speckledbob
    Free Member

Usual carnage out there. Yes quite normal. It may get safer as the bunch thins and string out but probably not. Unfortunately its one of the things that make it such an exciting race.

Jamie
    Free Member

Just members of the Public trying to help him who may do more harm than good.

Nah, it probably sorted his dislocated shoulder 😛

Step aside! I watch Holby City!

simmy
    Free Member

😀

Jamie
    Free Member

Ooof!

cinnamon_girl

How many in the ditch? 😯

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

The racing has started.

chipster

Ouch!!

jamiep
    Free Member

How many crashes?!

chipster

I bet those concrete telegraph poles sting a bit when you clip ’em.
    😯

speckledbob
    Free Member

Devolder, what a guy. Think Carlton Kirby was genuinely a bit wibbley there.

rOcKeTdOg

nails, the lot of them

Haze

Under 30 to go, attacks will be starting soon…

Jamie
    Free Member

Cor! That was different. Didn’t think anyway was going to break.

speckledbob
    Free Member

What a guy. Swoons

cinnamon_girl

Blimey!

butcher

Race of the year so far. Thoroughly enjoyed that.

tang
    Free Member

The master at work! What a race.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Fabulous Candelabra MWAXxxxx 😀

Haze

Great finish!

And well done Gee, very respectable 8th 🙂

speckledbob
    Free Member

That was an excellent race from start to finish. Normally get a few things done while its on but not today. Geraint Thomas in eighth. Think Wiggo may have actually finished..

Roll on Paris Roubaix next week

Pickers

I love the way they boxed in the Quickstep rider against the barrier.
    Just brilliant to watch Cancellara win agin

butcher

And well done Gee, very respectable 8th

Absolutely. Attacked all the way till the end. Might’ve come up short but he left some notable figures behind too. Top effort.

peteimpreza

Epic racing and a great finish.

Roll on Roubaix next week.

Marge
    Free Member

Vanmarcke bottled it in the game of nerves….. 🙁

simmy
    Free Member

live.Cyclingnews.com – member
    This just in from our team in the press room:
    A witness told VTM that an older woman tried to cross the street and Vansummeren was unable to avoid a collision. Both Vansummeren and the woman were driven to the hospital. The woman seemed unconscious. The latest information came from Sporza where a doctor would have informed them that the woman is still alive but in critical condition.

The Lady was stood in the middle of the Road on a pedestrian island and the Peloton split into 2 to go either side of the central reservation and it seems that Vansummeren was unsighted of the island and just ploughed straight into it and the lady.

There’s a Video on You Tube but it’s not very nice so I’m not linking to it.

Hope she recovers.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Just caught the highlights.

Smashes the finish, then smashes a beer. Awesome.

tomkerton
    Free Member

Extraordinary. 260 km and shitloads of climbing and he can still outthink and sprint for a finish.

Very interesting watching them ‘bully’, break and drop Sagan when he got alone at the 50km ish to go mark. Just shows how vital it is to have decent teammates.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Just caught up as well.

What a great race and last 300m, the 1km up to this point was like a velodrome ride

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Brilliant race!

Thomas crashed 50km in and shook himself right up and felt like shite all day, stunning result really! Wiggo in 32(ish) only seen him once but he was in the main ish group on the last climb I think.

mrblobby
    Free Member

OPQS must be wondering what went wrong there having had four guys in a small group at the front with Cancellara and Segan isolated. Couldn’t have been any better for them at that point in the race.

atlaz
    Free Member

Cancellara was always riding within himself and isn’t really renowned for needing a pile of teammates at the end of the classic races. I think most of Trek kept him safe for the first 200km then he was left to deal with the tactical part of the end by himself and the DS.

Sagan needed the help though and I think if Vandenbergh had worked with Van Avermaet a bit more he may have finished second rather than fourth but letting Cancellara and Vanmarcke catch them was a mistake. I guess they thought they might have a chance to get the others back to them for a bunch sprint but with the quality in that leading 4, it was unlikely.

Awesome race though, made better for me by the fact I rode the latter part of the course on the Saturday

Crell
    Free Member

but letting Cancellara and Vanmarcke catch them was a mistake

Not sure they had much choice in that after 250 KM.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Possibly if Vandenberg had worked with Avermeat sooner and not just tagged along they could have maybe held out, but then Cancellara would probably have gone sooner if they had. The OPQS tactics did seem very negative from about halfway despite strength in numbers.

Sets things up nicely for Paris Roubaix 🙂

kennyp
    Free Member

Probably stating the obvious, but what a fantastic race, best of the season so far. If Roubaix is even half as good next Sunday I’ll be quite content.

mrblobby
    Free Member

A nice round up of the race over at inrng as usual.

Prospect of rain at Roubaix which could see an even greater level of carnage than at Flanders 😯

Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Tour of Flanders *possible spoilers*’ is closed to new replies.