Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • PSA: Tour de Yorkshire just started on ITV 4 & Eurosport CONTAINS SPOILERS!!!
  • buck53

ITV player if you’re stuck in the office on a slow afternoon like me! Commentary team has been changed to Ned Boulting and David Millar as well.

elzorillo
    Free Member

Good coverage (although a lot of ads on ITV4)..

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Meh, would much rather they’d but Romandie on.

wwaswas

They just said there’s some ‘big hitters’ in the lead group 🙂

My money’s on TJ.

stanfree
    Free Member

Ben Swift and Kittel both retired already , yorkshire looks ace though.

wwaswas

*warning spoilers*

edlong
    Free Member

Ben Swift and Kittel both retired already , yorkshire looks ace though.

That’s the highlights ruined for later then…

lemonysam
    Free Member

Brilliant finish!

That’s the highlights ruined for later then…

Can’t imagine why you opened a thread about the live coverage.

AlexSimon

Very entertaining that (I tuned in with 6k to go)

edlong
    Free Member

Can’t imagine why you opened a thread about the live coverage.

It didn’t have a spoiler warning when I opened it, to be fair.

Rorschach
    Free Member

What did you expect it to say?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Just watched the highlights.

Commentary awful, photography not any where like in the same league as TdF which is a shame as it isn’t showing Yorkshire off at its best

Kryton57

What happened to anyone in team Wiggins?

butcher

Commentary awful, photography not any where like in the same league as TdF which is a shame as it isn’t showing Yorkshire off at its best

I just watched the highlights on Eurosport, and I thought it looked amazing. With the exception of the TdF, most UK races I’ve seen look pretty grim on camera. Dirty little towns, under drizzly grey clouds. They picked a pretty good route to show off Yorkshire today, I thought. Looked better than some of the big races.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I will try Eurosport today then 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

Sunday should be good, great course and the weather looks excellent.

See you in Otley ??

thepodge
    Free Member

Just catching up on day one, how on earth did they end up with normal cars on the road? At one point it looked like a car & caravan coming the other way

chakaping
    Free Member

Great race and great coverage.

Much better than the footage and on-screen info for some of the Spanish races shown on Eurosport, for example. I guess ASO had their top team on it.

simmy
    Free Member

David Millar said that Kittel ended up behind the rolling road closure.

I’m no expert in closing roads, but I’ve seen the Tour of Britain loads and it always seems faultless.

God knows what the members of the public thought seeing the Team Cars with 2 riders and a Motorcycle cameraman coming flying towards them. At one point, Kittel stretched his left arm out which I guess was telling the other rider to keep left.

They may have been as surprised as anyone.

butcher

I will try Eurosport today then

Just watching the last 20k now, and it looks like they’re back to dirty little towns under grey drizzly clouds. Loads of people out watching though. Good to see.

stanfree
    Free Member

I thought David Millar was really good yesterday with a decent insight into the tactics and mindset of Tommy Voecklar . Admittedly the british traffic cops didn’t seem to know where to ride their motorbikes and the sight of the traffic coming the opposite way was fairly scary. As for the scenery Whitby , Robin Hoods bay and even Scarborough looked a lot nicer than some of the pishy wee industrial towns we have seen during the Spring Classics in France and Belgium.

cinnamon_girl

Another mention for David Millar’s commentary and particularly enjoyed his explaining how the sprinters minds/tactics work. Had to chuckle at Cav being called The General. 😀

Fingers crossed he’ll be commentating on the TdF, I’ve really been enjoying his insight.

thepodge
    Free Member

David Millar is good because he doesn’t seem to just say anything to fill dead air

riddoch

But half the point of the tdf is the random comment on whichever mediaeval church of chateau the camera helicopter is currently circling. 🙂

satchm00
    Free Member

I thought it was a shame there was very little coverage of the women’s stage just the finish…

Pooley
    Free Member

Another thumbs up for Dave Millars commentary, always previously irritated by his self serving whining post race. Now in civvies, usefully insightful.
    Also shocked by the rolling road closure failure. What a PR own goal that could have been.

fubar
    Free Member

It’s a shame they didn’t show the first half the race yesterday but the coverage they did was good.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Anyone see Andy Tennants Tweet (Team Wiggo) ?

He said ” To all those shouting at me “Brad” I can assure you it was me who was in the break”

Hilarious

simmy
    Free Member

I think some ” retraining ” may have happened after Friday’s incident with the rolling road block.

I was up near blackstone edge yesterday watching and a couple of teams had set up a feed there.

They were a bit late getting going again and the police waited behind them for a minute or two.

ChrisE
    Free Member

Macavity – Member

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/latest-news/top-stories/region-s-police-confident-160k-tour-de-france-overtime-bill-will-not-be-repeated-1-7236019

You are wrong. Most of the coppers were North Yorks not West!

besides, it’s a bargain. Just cancel those football matches and they’ll have loads of spare cash…..

C

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Tour de Yorkshire just started on ITV 4 & Eurosport CONTAINS SPOILERS!!!’ is closed to new replies.