Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)
  • PSA: top gear back on Sunday
  • budgierider67

great episode and a proper test for once…

give me the ST over the other two any day!

I wouldn’t call it a proper test. Most people buy hot hatches for the fun they are on B roads and not smooth race tracks. Saying the ST drives better on track because it’s 15mm lower sprung means it could be a crashy tramlining mess on the road.
    Would have been much better if it had been done is Wales or the Isle of Man.

hora
    Free Member

Ah yes three cars.

All three were FUGLY. What happened to the fun/cheeky-looking super-mini?

Drac

Saying the ST drives better on track because it’s 15mm lower sprung means it could be a crashy tramlining mess on the road.

Yet it gets the best reviews by other places too for handling.

budgierider67

Yet it gets the best reviews by other places too for handling.

All the more reason to test it on the road & justify their ranking it alongside the other classics.

Drac

I kind of agree in the sense they should have done both but it’s been along time since Top Gear was for watching serious car reviews.

the-muffin-man

Would anyone buy a 20k car on the basis of a Top Gear review!

munrobiker
    Free Member

Every review I’ve seen of the ST against it’s French rivals has said it is the best- including one in Evo on Welsh country roads. And the American mags love it too.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

“Sir Ben Ainslie? Tell him I loved him in Gandhi…”

Brilliant.

It’s fair enough if you don’t like it; but do you have to be seen to not like it?

And Hora always comes on a Top Gear thread and says the answer is “5th Gear”. It really isn’t.

Both are available, I choose my favourite. Jason Plato won’t change my mind.

hora
    Free Member

And Hora always comes on a Top Gear thread and says the answer is “5th Gear”. It really isn’t.

In certain communist countries you have a choice, one source of entertainment. Sadly in automotive you also have one source- Top Gear.

Hence I HAVE to watch it. Everytime I go to the in laws I sit there catching up on Mike Brewer etc 8)

I like cars. If a presenter told me how many valves it had, torque figures, how it shifted through gears, how lift off would unsettle it – boy I’d sit there for hours.

monkey_boy
    Free Member

cant believe renualt went with flappy paddle only… wtf?

hora
    Free Member

cant believe renualt went with flappy paddle only… wtf?

+1. Its also grown/bloated

monkey_boy
    Free Member

it is bloody terrible mind… somebody got paid to do this to a car….

I_Ache
    Free Member

Everytime I go to the in laws I sit there catching up on Mike Brewer

Now he is a tedious little man!

hora
    Free Member

Love the programmes though. Pick up a car- spend THOUSANDS on silly frilly purchases.

So

£5k spend on the car
    1k on silly wheels and decal kit
    2k on bits and bobs
    Advertise it at £9,000
    Sell for £8,200

😆

I_Ache
    Free Member

I agree the rest of the programme is great. I can’t decide if Ed should be given a medal or a gun for having to work with Brewer.

Back to Top Gear.

I really want that Fiesta now. The problem is it will actually cost me more a month than a 1 Series BMW.

z1ppy

Clobber – Member
    Oops missed this… is it repeated anywhere?

Sky just emailed to say it on BB3 tonight @ 7pm.

I enjoyed it, strange that Jeremy used a hire car instead of something ‘fancy’ in the race though (though the line “the fastest car in the world… a hire car” was very good), & I didn’t envy James in that boat.

hora
    Free Member

I agree the rest of the programme is great. I can’t decide if Ed should be given a medal or a gun for having to work with Brewer.

See the Impreza WRX episode?

Fairly unmolested WRX. Needed a clutch and pretty much good to go.

So…

Brewer decided to:

New Clutch
    Alloys in a new colour?
    Noticed some big calipers/brembo? and discs and wanted them.
    ..Then realised alloys too small.

Finally….lets put some custom decals on with our names on that cost a pretty penny.

WTF.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Yea, I don’t think Brewer thinks in quite the same way as a normal person. This may be why he is on TV tho.

I think the worst one was where they got a van (VW T3?) and put a vinyl wrap on it that was designed by somebody on the biggest acid trip of their life. They couldn’t sell it because it looked terrible so Ed ‘bought’ it.

Kryton57

mrlebowski – Member
    Thats a pretty tragic indictment on your own life there Sir. Using your time to do nothing less than antagonise someone else, sad – very sad

You just insulted all of STW in one sentence.

Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)

The topic ‘PSA: top gear back on Sunday’ is closed to new replies.