Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • PSA Thule Euroway G2 on Amazon lightning deal at 13.00
  • davosaurusrex

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007K6H3PM/ref=gb1h_img_c-1_2987_3b3ca964?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=1NJMYQWV65518C96WVHN&pf_rd_i=118857031&pf_rd_p=458032987

Already down to £276, could be a bargain with a further discount. Fancy one myself but about to flog my car and get a company car, probably won’t be allowed to put a towbar on it, bah.

hammyuk
    Free Member

It’s only £259.95 at roofracks.co.uk – if it goes low then it’s a possible deal but not currently.

davosaurusrex

Indeed, but if it goes down to £200 odd then I doubt they’ll be available for long

AlexSimon

£221.24

davosaurusrex

Meh. Oh well.

leftyboy
    Free Member

I’m looking for a towball mounted carrier, needs to carry 3 bikes and MUST be able to still attached trailer when using it. Any ideas?

wwaswas

unless the trailer has a very long A-frame at the front I’d be worried about the bikes being hit at lock.

and the nose weight on the tow bar beign exceeded – 3 bikes plus rack aren’t that light.

Could you go for a boot lid/hatch high mount 3 bike rack?

[edit] and you’d need to go for one of the ones that bolts to a plate behind the tow ball, not too it.

I’ve seen lots of people with roof bars for cars attached to the tops of their trailers by a frame and the bikes mounted onto that, too.

andyl
    Free Member

have borrowed one of those for when we moved house but I need a 3 bike as that is the bare minimum for when cycling with mates.

Anyone used the £50-60 Thule hanging versions that look like a hatchback bike rack but mount to the tow bar? They look like a good way to have a compact tow bar bike carrier.

I really wanted one of the old folding models that could take a 4th bike with the add on rails but they discontinued it for some reason. Seemed much better than this fixed type.

leftyboy
    Free Member

Trailer has a fairly long a frame and has been used by my riding buddy while carrying bikes. He’s upgraded to a bigger trailer so I’ve bought his old one. The Thule rack he has is not listed on their website, it’s possibly a fairly old model, and weight wise I’m adding my hardtail, my wife’s hybrid and my son’s 14″ hardtail so I think it should be OK weight wise unless I seriously overload the trailer 🙂

hammyuk
    Free Member

I’ve got a Mottez towball mounted 4 bike carrier that I’m moving on as no longer need to carry that many.
    Also have a new but shop soiled Thule Bacpac High 2 bike and a 9503 Ride on – again shop soiled but new.
    Will be shifting all of them to replace with the EasyBase system.
    Always keep a £30 quicklock towball mount one in the boot for just throwing one/two bikes onto quickly and its great BUT you have to mess with a light carrier as ALL of those obscure the numberplate. (assuming you want to be “legal”)
    The Mottez is brilliant and so solid, the Thule 9503 is a lot more delicate in construction.
    Not used the Bacpac as the car can’t take it because of the spoiler. BUT it clears the lights/numberplate.

Nobby

Anyone used the £50-60 Thule hanging versions that look like a hatchback bike rack but mount to the tow bar? They look like a good way to have a compact tow bar bike carrier.

I’ve got one & they are good BUT I try to only use it for a single bike as it does ‘twang’ about a bit. It’s great for a weekend away or if I don’t want to sling a cack covered bike in the car. You can’t use it as well as a trailer as it clamps to the towball.

I use a ‘proper’ 3 bike one for other situations.

@leftyboy – what wwaswas says.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘PSA Thule Euroway G2 on Amazon lightning deal at 13.00’ is closed to new replies.