Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • PSA – This is a crap museum
  • 40mpg

No, really

Isle of Wight poo museum opens

The freeze-dried displays will be hung from the ceiling

😯

nickjb
    Free Member

Reminds of something I heard the other day. At the Science Museum there’s a toilet flushing exhibit in the ‘Home’ exhibition in the basement. It has a model poo that can be flushed away to demonstrate the mechanism. Good fun if you are there. Its a Tim Hunkin so quite nicely made. Anyway, after a while the model poo gets a bit of muck building up on the surface and it doesn’t glide through the U-bend like it should so it needs to be taken out and cleaned. The curator who does this cleaning was very proud to declare that part of his role was polishing a turd

bigyinn
    Free Member

Perhaps I could go and submit my own entry…..

wilko1999
    Free Member

Off on holiday there in a few weeks. I was going to take my bike, but I’ll probably not bother now and just hang around the poo museum.

slowoldgit
    Free Member
    bigyinn
    Free Member

wilko, bring your bike. Its excellent here!

dannyh
    Free Member

Visitor to entrance desk clerk:

“What exhibits do you have at the moment?”

Entrance desk clerk to visitor:

“Same old shit.”

Ba Boom…… Tishhhhhh!

hopkinsgm

A poo museum on the Isle of Sh*te?

shermer75
    Free Member

Apparently the Isle of Wight Zoo only has one dog in it. That’s right, it’s a shih tzu. Ah thankew

perchypanther
    Free Member

THey should have a guy standing outside the door announcing to the visitors…”..and now, it’s time for the Gallery”

Tony Fart innit!

bol

Are they charging all the people a dollar a dump just to see ’em?

wilko1999
    Free Member

bigyinn I started a thread a few weeks ago asking for routes. I’m staying in Brighstone and I understand there’s some good riding in the woods there so I’m definitely bringing my bike!

RustySpanner

Classy place.
    They play Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata in the background for visitors.
    Only the third movement though.

Nice stools in the café too.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

That’s about 10 mins down the road. Rude not to take a look, really. And if it means there’s fewer sewage spills at Yaverland, Sandown and Shanklin then it’s all win!

And yeah, Wilko – bring the bike. 😉

Edit:

I’m staying in Brighstone and I understand there’s some good riding in the woods there so I’m definitely bringing my bike!

It’s the home to a good portion of the fun stuff on the island, although there has been some felling which has spoiled a couple of decent trails. There’s a few Caulkheads and Overners on the forum that can either show you round or certainly point you in the right direction – I’ll have a look for your thread too.

CountZero

Are they charging all the people a dollar a dump just to see ’em?

onehundredthidiot

So what happens if a lot of people turn up and the humidity rises?

flap_jack
    Free Member

Wilko

take some road tyres too. Ride around the perimeter. Then muse on Sean Yates’ opinion that it’s “essentially flat” when he won a 1980’s time trial on a fixed !

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Then muse on Sean Yates’ opinion that it’s “essentially flat” when he won a 1980’s time trial on a fixed !

I didn’t know that. My road bike is a SS and I’ve not yet attempted it… The climb from Ventor seafront is enough to put me off.

😯

On that note Wilko there are a few Strava segments from Ventnor seafront up to the old RAF radar station which is near the highest point on the island (around 225m). Great if you’re feeling a masochistic. 😉

This seems the most hotly contested, although there are others taking different routes: https://www.strava.com/segments/4188811

wilko1999
    Free Member

I’m just taking a Banshee Spitfire, so all I’ll be doing is playing on the trails up in Brighstone Woods. I’ll be on holiday so will pass on the masochistic climbs, thanks all the same 😀

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

It was running beautifully over the weekend Wilko after a winter of slop. Most of the main tracks are on Strava, but ping myself or Bigyinn if you need pointers.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘PSA – This is a crap museum’ is closed to new replies.