Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • psa thieving scummers in the hope valley
  • daftvader
    Free Member

Afternoon,

Yesterday we were in Fox House for a family meal, whilst having a great time some theiving sods broke into my sisters and nephews cars. Could people of the area keep an eye out for a couple of bags of clothes ditched and if found give me an email (in profile) and don’t leave anything on view in your car’s (yes I know it’s fairly obvious but still…). Another pub on the way to Sheffield also had 5 cars done last night.
    Cheers

mudmuncher

Make sure you get the cops to fingerprint.

Had my car broken into last year and the police said there was no point in fingerprinting, I spoke to another copper who said they probably wouldn’t find anything but they would do it anyway. Net result was they caught the fecker and he went down for 3 months.

daftvader
    Free Member

There was some stuff to print, and cctv so hopefully the little sods will get some justice. Minivader said they should be kicked in the nuts!!! 😈

JohnnyPanic

Much wisdom for one so young, has he.

daftvader
    Free Member

Yup…. I have taught him well!!! 😈

slackalice
    Free Member

jeez! Bastards 👿 Really sorry to hear that DV 🙁 . Hoping no valuables as well? Wishing Mrs, Mini and you best wishes.

daftvader
    Free Member

Cheers slackalice, they only got clothes from my sister and some cash from my nephew so not too bad, but still crap.

Marmoset
    Free Member

’tis bad. Some p rick stole my sons school bag out of his friends car the other day, he got the bag, a jacket, 2 hats, whatever lunch my lad didn’t eat and some homework. You’d think the morons would have just dumped it somewhere nearby soon after realising it wasn’t worth anything – but no, seem they want a bag with the schools name on it… 🙄

Bregante

whatever lunch my lad didn’t eat and some homework.

Likely story 😉

martinhutch

Fox House car park does tend to crop up as a vulnerable location now and again. I think the gits have realised that climbers often pop in for a post-crag pint and leave hundreds of quids worth of gear in their vehicles.

cliffyc
    Free Member

Always, I repeat, always, hide or cover your stuff. Get hold of a black fleece throw,big towel or blanket and cover your gear. If theiving scum aren’t tempted they move on. My sister had her car broken into a while back when walking took a lot of stuff. They will nick anything these days!.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

My van was done last year at the end of Houndkirk near Norfolk arms. Was away less than 10 minutes. Both front windows, which had security film on, were smashed in, bulkhead curtain torn out and glovebox opened. Baby seat was ripped put and left in a pile of glass.

They left my Oakleys, iPod, stereo, sub and amp and took a first aid kit and a screwdriver. Only hope they cut themselves.

Luckily only a short drive home in the winter with a baby and no windows with bits of glass everywhere.

Several other cars all done over at the same time and the police also said Fox House targeted at the same time and several cars done.

I used to park in these spots without a thought but seems its a semi regular target so watch your valuables (and non valuables!)

footflaps

Both front windows, which had security film on, were smashed in,

Doesn’t sound very secure…

slowoldman

Get hold of a black fleece throw,big towel or blanket and cover your gear

That looks to me like an advert that you have something in the car you don’t want anyone to see. Surely valuables should be out of sight (in the boot or under a luggage cover)?

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Doesn’t sound very secure…

The force they had to put in to break the windows bent the doors, window slider rails and clips. Even then they only made a hole in the middle. Lots of effort for little gain. Dicks.

Something like this was fitted when I got the van but the additional damage caused means I won’t bother refitting!
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyKlP2trTrc[/video]

cliffyc
    Free Member

@slowoldman,I was hinting towards covering what you have. I live in the Lakes and see bikes in the back of cars,4×4 and people carriers uncovered all the time and think it is just a piece of glass from being taken. I am lucky as luggage cover will cover my bike when in car but not everybody can do this hence using a cover.

njee20
    Free Member

That looks to me like an advert that you have something in the car you don’t want anyone to see. Surely valuables should be out of sight (in the boot or under a luggage cover)?

+1

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘psa thieving scummers in the hope valley’ is closed to new replies.