Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 97 total)
  • PSA The Wire from the beginning.
  • stanfree
    Free Member

10pm FX channel tonight.

Starting from Episode 1 season 1 ,If you haven’t seen It dont miss It.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN7pkFNEg5c[/video]

Warning Its a slow burner so dont dismiss It after a few episodes and you will have trouble understanding a “Bowmore” accent.

Drac

Oh aye ta for the reminder, right was my phone so I can set Sky to record.

allthepies
    Free Member

Am I alone in never having seen one second of this series or even knowing what it’s about (police I guess?) ?

spangelsaregreat
    Free Member

Hi,

Just started season four, top series.

Some spot on observations on the jobs politics!

regards

Drac

I’ve never seen it either allthepies, it’s about Gangstas and the Rozzas. I think.

LsD
    Free Member

What the **** did I do??………….

organic355
    Free Member

dont bother its dull.

waits to get flamed…………..

firestarter
    Free Member

no ive not seen it either i was also let down when i realised it wasnt wire in the blood ;-(

redthunder
    Free Member

nicko74

Five Oh!

I had to watch the first series with subtitles, but it was definitely worth it. Except season 5, which just went a bit… silly.

jockhaggis
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUjh9Id6Id8[/video]

iDave
    Free Member

I have not seen any of

The Wire
    House
    Lost

I’m sorry

BoardinBob

The Wire

The greatest TV show of all time. Epic. I’ve watched the whole thing from start to finish 8 times now, and it keeps getting better.

nicko74

I’ve watched the whole thing from start to finish 8 times now, and it keeps getting better.

Are you among the ranks of the funemployed?

backhander
    Free Member

Anyone looking for a good series should also check out breaking bad. Truly brilliant.

stanfree
    Free Member

Backhander your spot on , just finished watching Breaking Bad last week . Awesome show , very dark indeed.

DrJ

Anyone looking for a good series has just missed The Killing, but can catch up as it’s just come out on DVD.

The Wire is in a league of its own, though – the season with the story about the kids was really moving.

backhander
    Free Member

I’m crestfallen now I have no more episodes to watch. It’s like a big hole!

pedlad

Brilliant. Just nearing end of season2

Conqueror
    Free Member

The Wire is probably one of the few things that has lived up to all the hype surrounding it.

Well worth watching IMO

nicko74

Oooh, Zip has just sent through the first DVD of Breaking Bad, so I shall start getting into that. Mad Men’s not bad, as these things go, but really for comparisons with the Wire, there’s really only the Sopranos that holds a candle to it (out of my viewing of the Wire, the Shield, Deadwood, Mad Men)

Raindog
    Free Member

The Wire is probably one of the few things that has lived up to all the hype surrounding it.

Well worth watching IMO

I agree – up there with West Wing & Hill St Blues.

Speshpaul

Backhander your spot on , just finished watching Breaking Bad last week . Awesome show , very dark indeed.

The only thing wrong with breaking bad is the lack of another series.

Will be watching the Wire later…….again.

stanfree
    Free Member

Season 4 of Breaking Bad starts In July.

Pigface
    Free Member

Half way through second series, great entertainment.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

aaaaaaayo? aaaaaaayo?

Drac

Fekn hell it’s crashed with my Sopranos recording, which has gone 10 mins over.

xiphon
    Free Member

The Wire is an absolute masterpiece.

Read the 2 books: “Homicide: Life On The Killing Streets”; and “The Corner”

Got all the seasons here 😀

Does take a while to audibly adjust to their accents/street language, but stick with it.

And Bubbles is just lovable.

Milt
    Free Member

Seen the 1st 2 series & looking forward to the rest. Actually feel bad that I’ve only got 3 left!

Anyone not watched it yet – it’s worth learning who’s who. Some characters were dead before I knew who they were.

Anyone see Southland on more 4 – quite liked that – first 2 seasons at least – think it GOT cancelled & then bought out & done on the cheap or something though.

kimbers

breaking bad +1
    sopranos too
    battlestar galactica also awesome
    sons of anarchy is good cheesey fun though not as cerebral as the above
    if you also have the time
    deadwood lovejoy is a mean old sweary man indeed
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJFOf5RBQ-8&feature=related[/video]

spacemonkey

The Wire: best TV series ever. End of.

And Bubbles is just lovable.

Agreed. As is Bunk. And Omar. And Vinny. And various others.

jimc101
    Free Member

Southland is back for Season 4 , it got canceled after season 1, and was picked up by another network(TNT), season 3 was one of the best things on TV earlier this year, definatly not done on the cheap.

Going back to the 90’s Homicide Life on the Streets was a great show also set in Baltimore.

scottw
    Free Member

The only thing wrong with breaking bad is the lack of another series.

Will be watching the Wire later…….again.

Season 4 is coming.

Managed to watch the full 5 seasons of The Wire 4 times now and it’s still not boring, doubt many other TV series would allow you to do that! Absolutely amazing show.

xiphon
    Free Member

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!

(Yes, that’s a quote from The Wire”

CountZero

Watched ‘The Wire’ from the very beginning first time around before all the meeja jumped on it and it became the cool thing to say you were obsessed with it. Certainly good, I’ll give you that.

Lifer
    Free Member

I thought the first and second series of The Wire were great but then it when downhill a bit.

grum
    Free Member

The Wire is definitely the best TV series I’ve seen, better than the Sopranos which is also very good. The last series (of The Wire) did become unbelievable though.

Watched ‘The Wire’ from the very beginning first time around before all the meeja jumped on it and it became the cool thing to say you were obsessed with it.

Never a good idea to talk about how you were into something before it became popular – always sounds lame. HTH. 🙂

_tom_
    Free Member

Breaking Bad is awesome 🙂 I like The Wire but think it is a bit over hyped. Band of Brothers is probably the best tv series I’ve seen, everything about it is spot on!

mcboo
    Free Member

Wire and Mad Men, just about the best TV I’ve ever seen. I had to Lovefilm the first series 3 times before I got into it. First couple of episodes are setting things out and in no hurry to do so, I gave up and then went back to it after enduring much pleading from fanatics.

Don’t watch it with the subtitles on. You will get the Baltimore slang pretty quickly, it’s part of the fun and it gets better and better.

+1 on reading Homicide. Reportage at its best.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘PSA The Wire from the beginning.’ is closed to new replies.