Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • PSA- The Martian – Film release on 30th Sept…
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

I know there’s a thread about this somewhere, possibly in one of the reading books threads but hey..

So I saw this on a bus last night, says released on 30th Sept..

mrchrispy

im going to science the shit outta this thread

grey

Read the book last week, really enjoyed it, but did find a few holes in it.
    Really looking forward to the film now.

fasthaggis

Yes I is excited .
    I hope Jason Bourne does the biz 🙂

monkeyboyjc

Also read the book (which is great). Looking forward to the film with trepidation….

peterfile
    Free Member

I couldn’t help but read every bit of dialogue in the book in Maaaaaaatt Daaaamon’s voice anyway, so feel like I’ve already seen it 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

Read the book too, TBH I didn’t think it was all that good so hoping pictures add to my lack of imagination..
    😀

AdamW
    Free Member

Come on this is Hollywood. I’ve read the book and liked it but can you imagine them putting in how he *really* got food into the film? (Don’t want to post spoilers).

I’m wondering if it is going to be like ‘I, Robot’ – title is the same but the story varies wildly.

monkeyboyjc

can you imagine them putting in how he *really* got food into the film? 

Yes I can – don’t see it being an issue…. It’ll be quite funny (like it was in the book).

mboy
    Free Member

Looking forward to this one, will be my first visit to the cinema in a VERY long time!

Is the book worth reading would you say?

GregMay
    Free Member

Also one of many looking forward to it. My wife, who is a hater of SciFi in all forms, but a scientist, read the book and is looking forward to it WAY more than I am.

GrahamS

Just one problem

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QApeYpw7KQQ[/video]

jairaj

Is the book worth reading would you say?

Yes. I find it difficult to stay hooked to a book and often takes ages for me to read a whole book as keep putting it down and picking it back up again. But I had no problem reading the Martian, I was hooked straight away.

mboy
    Free Member

Yes. I find it difficult to stay hooked to a book and often takes ages for me to read a whole book as keep putting it down and picking it back up again. But I had no problem reading the Martian, I was hooked straight away.

Good stuff

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yeah the books well worth reading. I even found it Ok (mentioned above) worth a good flick and a few hours wasted with your imagination.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘PSA- The Martian – Film release on 30th Sept…’ is closed to new replies.