Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • PSA: Terry's Chocolate Orange Buy 1 get 2 free
  • hammerite
    Free Member

Local to work Tesco express. Assume it’s the same everywhere.

neilthewheel

Foul things. Everything that’s wrong with English chocolate.

terrahawk
    Free Member

good job you’re here. 🙄

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Yeah but three of them….

clubber
    Free Member

Wrong. Everything that’s good about English chocolate. Doesn’t in any way denigrate that other (eg Belgian) chocolates are different. You can enjoy both without being a snob 😉

Top tip 🙂

bland

got me this morning. And what is better is that one was £2.89 when i asked how much one was (thinking it was a scam as there was no price on them)but 3 scanned at £2.75!

fasthaggis

I would rather eat orange flavoured candle wax. 😛

clubber
    Free Member

Feel free 😉

hammerite
    Free Member

The sign says maximum of 18 per customer, so go steady.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

clubber – Member

Wrong. Everything that’s good about English chocolate. Doesn’t in any way denigrate that other (eg Belgian) chocolates are different. You can enjoy both without being a snob

Top tipNot liking something because its a bit sh1t doesn’t make One a snob.

Top tip 😛

will
    Free Member

*Off to Tesco*

momo

I wish they still made the mint ones, I loved them!

Northwind

Remember folks, a chocolate orange can only count as one of your 5-a-day.

project
    Free Member

Went to Tesco a few years ago and tried to buy 48 of the things, for my dads staff at the care home he was at, placed then all in lines of 4 on the belt barcode upwards, so she could count 4 and multiply by 12 lines = 48 massive amount of sighing from the plebs behind, woman checkout till operator refused to sell them to me as i was obviously going to resell them on and make a profit , i tried pointing out the values of living in a capitalist country, and the concept that capitaliism has on the uk and tescos profits, even though they where for gifts,and not for resale.

She was not having any of it, she called a supervisor, and she again didnt have the relevant experience of the capitalistic trades that supported her job and that of many more workers, and she called the rather bemused security guard, who asked very politely for me to leave the store.

Much to the disgust of the following plebs ,who then had a conveyor belt of choclate oranges to remove and me walking off with the trolley , empty.

will
    Free Member

Not only did Tescos not have buy 1 get 2 free, they didn’t have a single chocolate orange on sale in the store. 🙁

eddie11
    Free Member

project – i think you probably lost them when you called them plebs 😀

ScottChegg
    Free Member

i tried pointing out the values of living in a capitalist country, and the concept that capitaliism has on the uk and tescos profits

I think they got bored a long time before ‘plebs’ came into it.

grum
    Free Member

Are the boxes slightly shop-soiled?

Jamie
    Free Member

Rawlinsons have a better deal.

scratch
    Free Member

Classic…

ski
    Free Member

My Mrs used to work for Kraft and we used to get sample Choc to comment on, I remember when they came up with orange segments, we had to say what we thought of the idea, guess they liked what we said as they put them into production soon after and we got a box of samples for free!

dan74
    Free Member

Is there any superficial damage to the box? 😉

RustySpanner

Just got back from Tesco Express.
    Got the last six 😀

HOWEVER:
    5 of the boxes are blue with a white lid, but one is completely blue. Why?

project
    Free Member

but one is completely blue

Its one of the conservative appreciaion sample ones.

a very rare item.

RustySpanner

😀

I’ll take it back tomorrow.

project
    Free Member

But then there are no more in stock in that shop, so youl need to take the 2 free ones back as well as theyre part of the package deal.

and then youll have 3 less.

project
    Free Member

Lots left at Tesco in ………., obviously the plebs dont like them or dont know how to cook them.

Drac

My Mrs used to work for Kraft and we used to get sample Choc to comment on, I remember when they came up with orange segments, we had to say what we thought of the idea, guess they liked what we said as they put them into production soon after and we got a box of samples for free!

Haven’t they been around absolutely ages? I certainly remember them as a kid and I bet they were around way before that.

I like the ones with popping candy.

mav12
    Free Member

£1 in morrisons according to uk hot deals

Taff
    Free Member

We have three crackly ones here…

We have two crackly ones here!

sparkyrhino

Terrys chocalate orange you could try a quid shop still a rip off .even got large toblerone for a £1 GOD BLESS THE NORTH

ell_tell
    Free Member

dan74 – Member
    Is there any superficial damage to the box?

Well I got the AP reference even if no-one else did!

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Terry's Chocolate Orange Buy 1 get 2 free’ is closed to new replies.