• This topic has 15 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by nixie.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • PSA Syntace 26" wheels
  • hamishthecat
    Free Member

Not sure if anyone is still buying expensive 26″ wheels but a couple left of very nice Syntace W30 MX wheelsets on Ebay.

I bought a set with an offer accepted at £300. Original RRP was something ridiculous like £900.

15mm front (can be changed to qr with extra adaptors, but not 20mm) and 142×12 rear. 30mm external rim width, just under 25mm internal. 1454g on my scales without valves or tape. As with most Syntace stuff, lush in a Teutonic way. Here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281883083844?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

warpcow
    Free Member

bike-components.de have/had W35 Ms (20mm front) for something like €430 including tape, tubes and a pair of Hans Dampfs too.

shermer75
    Free Member

They look crazy nice..

mccraque

Best Hub I’ve ridden!

Can you convert the 12mm rear to a 135mm qr though?

hamishthecat
    Free Member

I think that the rear hub can be configured to any arrangement. The front on these ones is 15mm/QR only as it is the extra light weight hub.

mccraque

I asked syntace about that and they emailed back saying it couldn’t be altered to qr. Only their 12mm bolt thru….telling me qr wasn’t stiff enough.

I have however just seen 12mm to qr adaptora on rose’s website… So all may not be lost. Anyone know if they’d work ok?

chrishc777
    Free Member

Ridden those wheels in the alps, they’re hard as nails and quick to pick up speed at that weight

hamishthecat
    Free Member

These are the 2012 version. I’ve just looked at the exploded diagram that comes with the wheels. The diagram states 135x10mm qr end caps can be fitted.

breninbeener

Hamish, i have sent you an email

andybrad

been looking at these for a while but want a 27.5 front and cant find one cheap

stevied
    Free Member

^ Me too 🙁 Don’t seem to be any cheap ones around, just RRP

asbrooks

They’re at £299 or make an offer now
    syntace

stevied
    Free Member

Does anyone need a front only? Happy to buy the pair and sell the front on…

nixie

Must not buy…. Do not need new wheels!

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

I’ve got the W35 on one bike and the W40 on another.
    Both come up nice and wide with a 2.5″ Schwalbe tyre on ’em and work really well tubeless.
    They’re the best hubs I’ve owned, way better sealed than Pro2 and very easy to work on. Highly recommended. 🙂

nixie

Listing has been pulled now.

Would really like a set of the w35.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘PSA Syntace 26" wheels’ is closed to new replies.