• This topic has 9 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by wl.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • PSA – Superstar Ultra Mag pedals on offer
  • wl
    Free Member

Been using these for years and I reckon that overall they’re the best/best value lightweight AM pedal I’ve owned…

http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=42&products_id=276

Junkyard
    Free Member

Can it be true that they actually make something that both works and well 😯

wl
    Free Member

Ha, I was sceptical too, but the bearings just seem to go on and on, the pins don’t drop out (and when they do, they don’t always take the threads with them), the cage seems to survive hits well, they’re comfortable and grippy and weigh nowt. Maybe they wouldn’t work so well for pure DH use, but they’ve been great for year-round riding in the rocky Pennines, Lakes and overseas. Cheap as chips compared to many of the overpriced alternatives.

retro83
    Free Member

They’re good pedals aside from the paint coming off immediately after purchase. Structurally sound, and bearing/bushing replacement easy.

wl
    Free Member

retro – I’m in the process of servicing one of my pairs, but finding it difficult to get one of the bushes out. Any tips? Ta.

retro83
    Free Member

wl – Member

retro – I’m in the process of servicing one of my pairs, but finding it difficult to get one of the bushes out. Any tips? Ta.

Check with SS, they emailed me a PDF. I think i used (the blunt end of!) a 10.5mm drill bit as a drift and gave it a whack with a mallet

wl
    Free Member

retro – cheers for that. I’ll drop SS a line and probably try your method. Good pedals, so I want to keep them running as long as poss. I think the cages will give up eventually (one or two cracks in them) but not before I’ve easily had my money’s worth.

Northwind

Junkyard – lazarus

Can it be true that they actually make something that both works and wel

Nah, they just buy them from someone who knows what they’re doing (HT, who make all the assorted Nanos etc).

Should go without saying that they’re a lightweight magnesium cage and alu spikes so not as durable as most, but that’s just the tradeoff of the silly weight. Tempted to get another set…

GavinB

The Ti axle snapped on one of mine a couple of years back, whilst on the pumptrack at Lee Quarry, but replacements were sent straight away (Including a spare). Still running fine, original bearings and uber-light.

wl
    Free Member

I bought an extra set just because at that price they’re a proper bargain. My current ones won’t last forever, even though I’m amazed at how robust they are for a featherweight pedal.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Superstar Ultra Mag pedals on offer’ is closed to new replies.