• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by csb.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • PSA: Super cheap Spider style stove (and a favour to ask)
  • peterfile
    Free Member

I needed a new stove after leaving one somewhere on The Cobbler a few weeks ago.

After reading a few favourable online reviews, I took a punt on a Hong Kong ebay job which is a copy of the more expensive gas stoves with preheat tubes etc.

It cost me £14.39 including delivery from HK (which took 9 days from purchase to ending up on my desk today!). The guy has buy it now and auction options available, and quite a few different stoves.

I’ll be testing it out in a couple of weeks…don’t suppose anyone has a more expensive branded version of this style of stove that they’d let me borrow for the weekend so that I can test them in a proper “camping stove death match” for a review? I’d pick up from you in Glasgow area or cover your postage costs and a beer for your troubles 🙂

Camping Stove

bruneep

So you can do a stealth swap of stoves you mean. 😉

MrGrim

I’m not sure what the pre-heated tubes are, I’m not really a stove boffin. I know it heats water for my hotdogs and a brew.

I have a Coleman one like this:

If it’s comparable to the one your testing, then happy for you to borrow it. I’m just off the M90 in Dunfermline.

peterfile
    Free Member

Thanks McGrim. A preheat tube is one like the little copper “n” shaped pipe inside my stove. It basically heats up the gas before it hits the ignition point, which means it’s better for using in really low temperatures (where gas is often crap).

MrGrim

In that case mine is probably too old and uncomparable 😀

csb

Err, aren’t pre-heat tubes for liquid fuel?

If so, it’s a copy of an MSR whiperlite?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Super cheap Spider style stove (and a favour to ask)’ is closed to new replies.