Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • PSA – Stewart Lee fans…..
  • Hicksy
    Free Member

…I know there are a few on here. His new series starts at 11.20 on BBC2 tonight (Wed).

BigJohn

Thanks, hadn’t spotted that. I’ll be watching.

Lifer
    Free Member

YES

matthewjb
    Free Member

Also Fist of Fun soon to be available on DVD.

duntmatter
    Free Member

YES

colournoise

Anyone REALLY like crisps?

slainte 😆 rob

16stonepig
    Free Member

Crisps.

CriSPS. SPS… SPS… SPS…

Woody
    Free Member

Damn – just spotted this at 0015 😥

loddrik
    Free Member

Stewart Lee is god. Bear witness…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybQCNb4AuW4&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

brakes
    Free Member

he’s nothing without Herring

16stonepig
    Free Member

I remember a routine of his where he repeatedly told a “Scotch” audience that William Wallace, their hero, was gay.

Lifer
    Free Member

iPlayer Woody!

robgarrioch

repeatedly told a “Scotch” audience that William Wallace, their hero

How did he know Wallace was their ‘hero’? Was it a mob of teenagers fresh from a screening of Braveheart?

As Sean Connerys’ character said in The Presidio, “Scotch is a drink, someone from Scotland is a Scot”

CaptJon
    Free Member

Firstly, William Wallace, Braveheart, your national hero, he wasn’t some noble savage living in a mud hut. He was a privileged, educated Nobleman, right? Secondly, its not mentioned in the film, but there’s some evidence to suggest that he actually fought as a mercenary for the English as a teenager. Thirdly, you know that French princess he’s supposed to have sex with? The implication is that he gets her pregnant and she marries Edward II of England so its his kid. Now she was a real historical figure, that French princess. But at the time of the death of William Wallace, Braveheart, your national hero, she was only 4 years old. Now, Glasgow, Im not saying that William Wallace, Braveheart, your national hero, didn’t have sex with her. You know, he probably did. If I look at my own background there’s a lot of sexual opportunism involved. Im not saying he didn’t have sex with her but if he did, and he definitely did, it would have been a far less romantic scene. Than the one enacted by Mel Gibson in the film Braveheart. It may have happened in a tent but it would still have been not a romantic scene. Because that would have made William Wallace, Braveheart, your national hero, a paedophile. A Scottish paedophile. The worst kind of paedophile that there is. Coming at you… through a bothy… With shortbread on its face. Muttering unintelligible sexual threats in a frankly incomprehensible dialect.

Mounty_73

I couldnt stay awake, I must download it on iplayer.

Lifer
    Free Member

It was good

robgarrioch

🙂
    I’m aware of Mr. Lee, haven’t been an active seeker of his work though – that’s a good, funny monologue. I’ll definitely look for the prog on iplayer. But I’d take issue about Wallace being ‘your’ national hero, just a petty ‘sweeping generalisation’ complaint (probably down to me never seeing Braveheart…)

Because that would have made William Wallace, Braveheart, a national hero, a paedophile

Problem solved.

oddjob
    Free Member

I REALLY wish iplayer worked outside the UK 🙁

loddrik
    Free Member

16stonepig – that’s what the video above is.

Woody
    Free Member

Shame some of you Scotch guys just don’t get it. 😉

16stonepig
    Free Member

Just watchign some other Stewart Lee moments on Youtube

“You know that James May could rip Jeremy Clarkson’s face off with a single swipe of his enourmous claw…”

monkey_boy
    Free Member

cheers for that!

top bloke,

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Stewart Lee fans…..’ is closed to new replies.