Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • PSA – Stealth 125mm Dropper for £85
  • ajantom

JE James currently have the newish RSP Plummet Stealth dropper post reduced to £89.99. Use the discount code FIRST5 for another £5 off. Free delivery too.

Looks like a decent post, It’s a bit heavy, maybe 150-200g heavier than more expensive ones, but the stated weight does include cable, outer and remote, unlike some manufacturers.

http://www.jejamescycles.com/rsp-plummet-remote-stealth-dropper-seat-post.html

ajantom

Well, I bought one of these. Got it fitted now, and went out for a short spin.

Out of the box it actually weighs slightly less than they claim – approx. 705g on my scales including the cable and remote.

It was really simple to set up. Well once I’d worked out which end of the outer to feed through my fame first. But that was me being an idiot. The supplied braided cable seems good quality.

The remote is simple, but made of metal and doesn’t rattle. It needs very little movement to trigger the dropper, so the right tension is important. Talking of that, the segmented tension adjuster that fits between the remote and cable outer is a good idea, and works well.

There is zero side to side movement out of the box – which all my previous posts have had (KS eTen, X-Fusion Hi-Lo, and Gravity dropper).

The action seems very smooth, and it returns quickly – but not too quickly like a GD!

I also really like the head of body where it meets the shaft – very discreet. Unlike some makes that have a really big and bulgy collar.

Seems like a great deal for £85 😉

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Stealth 125mm Dropper for £85’ is closed to new replies.