Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • PSA: Southern XC Series Race 4 Lower Froyle Quarry – Cancelled
  • dlr

Pasted from organisers Facebook page, so annoying, wonder why the farmer(s) have changed their minds 🙁

“Unfortunately we have decided to cancel Round 4 of the series at Lower Froyle on 14th July.

The farmer who had agreed to the use of his field has changed his mind. Despite offering silly money to him and other farmers to use adjoining fields we have been unable to secure enough parking. The location is in the centre of a very small village with single track lanes so there is no street parking or local car parks. The quarry venue itself has insufficient parking for the event to go ahead and it is with great regret that we have no choice but to cancel the event.

This is the first last minute cancellation in all the years SouthernXC has been running and we are gutted that we had to make this decision. We were having so much fun organizing the series this year. We have thought long and hard about alternatives but there is just not enough time available to switch at this late stage.

Refunds will be issued to all pre-entered riders as soon as possible.

Round 5 is still on for 8th September. The Series will be reduced to four rounds with best three results counting.

Please help us spread the word about the cancellation so that no-one has a wasted journey.

A thousand sad faces.

SMBC Crew”

c_klein87

oh that is a bugger!! 🙁 i’ll let my buddies know, least i can spend my birthday do birthday type things now. has been a great series so far 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

A real shame! I was commentating at Wasing on Sunday and it was a great event, having not done a Southern for a while I’d forgotten how well run they were!

dlr

I’ve done their races at Pippingford a couple of times in the past, was really looking forward to this one at the quarry

Depending on location I have just found this race taking place on the same day, actually 20 miles closer for me! http://www.mudsweatgears.co.uk/ the secret bunker site

ninfan
    Free Member

Thats a real shame

the Froyle Quarry site had huge potential as an XC venue, a real arena feel about it – and I know Adam and the others had put a lot of effort into sorting out an XC event there.

gutted!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Southern XC Series Race 4 Lower Froyle Quarry – Cancelled’ is closed to new replies.