Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • PSA: SKS RACE BLADES £20 in Halfords
  • bland

Down from £40 to £25 with an extra 20% off all mudguards pumps an helmets ATM

£10 cheaper than a good deal online and just in time for the som

rob-jackson
    Free Member

can you link to them – doesn’t come up as that for me

bland

I picked them up in the store

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    rob-jackson
    Free Member

ah right

Junkyard
    Free Member

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/categorydisplay_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_categoryId_210163_langId_-1

they are shit though and they break and they cannot stand even the slightest of knock
    I binned mine due to to the problem of setting them up without any rub

PrinceJohn

That’s annoying – I was hoping to sell mine for about that price 2nd hand…

mudshark
    Free Member

The Crud ones are fiddly and I prefer the SKS raceblades but can’t put them on the front of my road bike due to the narrow forks so have an SKS on the back and Crud on the front – well it works!

fasthaggis

they are shit though and they break and they cannot stand even the slightest of knock

here here

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

so the PSA is for SKS Blades but Junkyards link and subsequent comments are about Crud Racers?

Mixed feelings about cruds- my first set were such a faff trying to fit they went on ebay before I’d finished. I ended up buying another set (for what I sold em for) and theyve been on my winter/commuter for 9 months of constant use, and whilst being disconcertingly flappy they work well. Munqe Chick has some on her winter bike and theyve broken every time she’s used it.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

whats the max tyre width for cruds?

lcj

Not sure on max width, but they wouldn’t fit my Scott CR1 with 25mm tyres that helps..

clubber
    Free Member

Eh? I’ll grant you, you need to get them set up carefully but mine are great and have been on four different bikes. I just don’t get what problems people are having with them unless they’re assuming that you just stick them on and don’t have to adjust them at all.

EDIT – I’m talking about the SKS raceblades. I’m not sure if the claims of ‘shit’ness refer them or SKSs.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

clubber I’m assuming the criticism is of the Cruds following on from JY’s post.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

what are good mudguards then for 28-32mm 700c tyres on a kaffenbak?

Junkyard
    Free Member

They look identical as far as I can tell and I am not certain what set i had tbh

I just don’t get what problems people are having with them unless they’re assuming that you just stick them on and don’t have to adjust them at all.

I suspect if you can store your bike away from everything else then they may work but I had to store mine by the front wheel on a wall
    This meant the back one was knocked each time I did this and I reckon 90 % of rides had some rubbing. It was nigh on impossible to be rub free though I did occasionally manage it much as a monkey at a keyboard may occasionally make sense

I would prefer a fit and forget rather than fit and constantly fiddle product

bland

Well of I break them then I have a receipt and dumb staff in the local halfords who will exchange them no doubt.

Anyhow, they are 30 on eBay so can’t lose

carlphillips
    Free Member

£29 in my halfords and online?

linky

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘PSA: SKS RACE BLADES £20 in Halfords’ is closed to new replies.