Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • PSA Skipton Bike Shop.
  • chestrockwell

Sadly The Bike Shop in Skipton is closing down. Been my lbs since I got my Saracen Tufftrax in 1989 so I’m very sorry to see it go. I wish good luck in the future to Olly and his staff as they’re a good bunch. Part of the reason is the Trek Concept Store that Chevin Cycles are opening. Who wants a bloody Trek? 👿

Any way, the PSA is for the fact that they’ve got 20% off every thing left in stock, including bikes (Specialized, Moondrake, Ragley) so if you’re in the area you could pick up a bargain. I just got 2x specialized 29er tyres for less then £50. 😉

Plenty of stock left including Hope kit, Park tools, etc.

martinhutch

Sad news. Saw that Chevin Cycles were moving in, and thought that it would be curtains for the smaller shop, but didn’t think it would be quite that quick.

chestrockwell

Think the lease is up for renewal from what I heard in the shop so jumping before being pushed I guess.

AlexSimon

That’s a shame.
    Bought my Tufftrax from there as well (87 or 88). There was a good club run from there at the time too (husband and wife shop owners whose names I disgracefully can’t remember).

Can’t imagine a ‘concept store’ replacing a nice lbs, but you never know.

I thought they seemed to be going through a bit of a good patch when Ragley was new. Ah well.
    Best of luck to them.

Is Dave Ferguson still around, or is that in Colne now?

chestrockwell

The ‘Concept Store’ is going right on the High Street (In the new development by the Town Hall I’d have thought?). Dave Ferguson is in the Town Hall car park after a stint in Embsay but I never go in as I don’t like what he stocks. Looks like it’ll be RCC for me in future for local stuff.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘PSA Skipton Bike Shop.’ is closed to new replies.