Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • PSA: Silly cheap HiLo remote dropper 31.6mm black/red – £92!!!
  • campfreddie
    Free Member

from our lovely friends at actionsports.de

http://www.actionsports.de/gb/Components/Seatposts-Clamps/X-Fusion-Hilo-Remote-2011-Seatpost-316mm::47414.html

works out at about £92.68 plus delivery

granny_ring

That is cheap….

bigjim

pah, I need a 30.9

DT78
    Free Member

How reliable are these then?

avdave2

Is the 2011 model any different to the current model? My mouse is hovering over the buy button.

Scapegoat

Bigjim, why not shim it?

scotroutes

Scapegoat – there is still time to edit that

superfli
    Free Member

What is this Magic shim you talk of?

portydave
    Free Member

Anyone know what overall length the 2011 model is?

Cheers

Scapegoat

scotroutes – Member
    Scapegoat – there is still time to edit that

**** it, too late …… 😳

bigjim

Hmmm yeah why not shim it? edit, derp, Oh yeah.

Scapegoat

superfli – Member
    What is this Magic shim you talk of?

campfreddie
    Free Member

i recently bought a hilo from wiggle (about £115 after various discounts etc) for my wife’s new trek lush which has a 31.6mm seat tube.

what i didn’t realise until the post arrived was that the 31.6mm part of the seat tube only extends down so far, after which the inside of the seat tube is tapered to an exact 30.9mm diameter (they don’t tell you that in the brochures!).

i now have a 30.9mm hilo dropper post with a cut-down use alloy 31.6mm-30.9mm shim extending about 40mm down from the top of the QR.

the moral of the story is that if you are planning to use a dropper post, make sure that the post can go in the frame far enough for your required height (not just above, but below seat collar level).

on the turner 5-spot frame i’ve just refinished, i fitted a new ks i7 supernatural post (27.2mm). to get it in the frame, i needed to hone out the inside of the seat tube using a brake cylinder hone on the end the a drill.

all good fun…

i am now running a rockshox reverb on the yeti, ks i7 on the turner and hilo on the trek… let battle commence!

avdave2

Anyone know the minimum saddle rail to frame distance for these. From what I can glean it looks like it would be 168mm but confirmation would be nice.

Thanks

hora
    Free Member

Same here. Meta5. Any idea how long the post is?

avdave2

I know the post is 410mmm and the insertion depth is listed as 242mm. I assume this is the maximum insertion hence I reckon 168mm for the amount of seatpost to the rails. It should actually be slightly less than 168 if the 410 is to the top of the post.

thepodge
    Free Member

The remote looks exactly the same as my XLC SP-T04 but the seatpost looks a bit different.

While we’re at it, dont suppose anyone recognises my post under a different brand do they? I’m trying to find some service instructions but nothing is coming up.

richi
    Free Member

anyone decided to buy one? really thinking about it, like the idea that it can be a dropper from the seat or by the remote and does look well built

Mowgli
    Free Member

What’s the reliability/servicability like compared to a Reverb? Shame it’s only 100mm travel.

avdave2

richi reading the description on the Action Sorts website it doesn’t ship with the under saddle lever just the remote. I don’t know if you can buy that on it’s own. Wiggle are doing it with both for £140.

rossp
    Free Member

if someone wants an under the seat lever i’ve got one at home i’d sell?

Leku
    Free Member

the 27.2 one is 172mm from mid point of saddle rail to bottom of collar.

avdave2

Thanks Leku, I’ve just measured my current distance as 170mm, I’m probably running my saddle a little lower though than I would if I had the ability to drop it, I’ll check it properly later.

richi
    Free Member

avdave2 cheers pal didn’t read that, well i guess i would hook the remote up anyways tbh the only problem is i leave my bike chained up outside work occasionally, i always just take the seatpost out to stop it getting nicked, shame wont be able to with the cable.

still think i might buy it though, just hoping the 100mm will be enough

avdave2

Well rossp has a lever and I expect there are a lot of them lying unused in sheds so it shouldn’t be too difficult to get hold of one.

warpcow
    Free Member

thepodge – Member
    While we’re at it, dont suppose anyone recognises my post under a different brand do they? I’m trying to find some service instructions but nothing is coming up.

I had one of those. Couldn’t find any instructions either, but opened it anyway. Just undo the collar and the recessed bolt in the bottom (it’s a silly size and requires a long socket iirc), then the whole shaft should just slide out. There’s not much to do inside apart from clean the bushes and stuff. The actual damper/spring just screws out of the upper shaft but is totally sealed (as far as I could see the multiple times I poked around it). Be careful how far you screw the damper back in cos one turn too much or too little and the lever won’t engage properly and it’ll either not stay up or down.

Edit: remember it also being sold under the name ‘H-Lifter’ or something similar. Also rebranded as an oem post on Lapierres.

thepodge
    Free Member

Cheers warpcow

chopchop
    Free Member

I ordered one of these and have trial fitted it but it’s not for me, too small a drop and the red colour doesn’t match anything else on my bike. If anybody wants it I’ll sell it for my outlay- £103 after paypal costs and delivery. I’ll put an ad in the classifieds.

hora
    Free Member

Trying to figure if this will work. A seatpost only goes 250mm into the seat tube before hitting the internal narrowing.

Is this dropper less than 250mm total insertion?

chopchop
    Free Member

242 according to the X Fusion site.

hora
    Free Member

Cutting it fine. Im interested in yours chopchop but I dont want it to be an expensive experiment.

chopchop
    Free Member

I’m sure you’d get most of your money back if it didn’t suit.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Silly cheap HiLo remote dropper 31.6mm black/red – £92!!!’ is closed to new replies.