Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • PSA – Shimano SLX disc brakes with ice tech pads – £56.24 each inc next day del
  • davidrussell
    Free Member

SLX disc brakes for £56.24 delivered using parcelforce 24 (mine were anyway) also pleased to note that they did come with the ice tech pads as shown in the pic and i know some deals for these brakes recently have not come with them.

£112 and change for a pair of these brakes delivered next day and i am very impressed with them so far, 1 finger braking is now a possibility!

edit – the URL would help! from tweeks cycles

http://www.tweekscycles.com/components/disc-brakes/shimano-slx-m675-i-spec-b-compatible-disc-brake

boxelder

Not much of a PSA without a link/dealer name…….

kinda666
    Free Member

Just be careful if you decide to buy your rotors from merlin…

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

kinda666 – Member
    Just be careful if you decide to buy your rotors from merlin…

Never mind that, just be aware that these brakes don’t seem to come with a hose! 😉

nwill1
    Free Member

LOL

kinda666
    Free Member

😆

beaker

Thank you very much…. ordered!

cp

Never mind that, just be aware that these brakes don’t seem to come with a hose!

they’re wireless, Shimano’s 2014 tech

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

The Merlin-Rotors thread is going to run for years 😆

davidrussell
    Free Member

Not sure if you were joking about the hose but it’s a full system, assembled and bled etc with 1000/1700 length hoses.

davidrussell
    Free Member

Ah, I presume the hose comment was a reference to the Merlin thread, will need to have a read through it 🙂

skeetsgb
    Free Member

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/shimano-xt-m785-disc-brake/rp-prod67208

get the xt brakes for the nearly same price using code SURVEY10 for extra 10% off

antigee

pics please 😆

davidrussell
    Free Member

Cracking spot skeets, great price

p7rich
    Free Member

Those XTs are a killer deal. £115 for both ends, inc. £10 off for SURVEY10. I is in.

Change thread title to CRC XT PSA?

dryroasted
    Free Member

better still get the deores using SURVEY10 for £76.38

dabble
    Free Member

i’m using the deores, fitted em last week, just had em at lee quarry on my mega this morning, brilliant brakes. one finger breaking nay bother, great stopping power.

davidrussell
    Free Member

indeed dabble, i found the SLX were really powerful too, easily one finger braking. A bit of a learning curve getting used to short levers though as i used to try and grab a handful of brake when there is no lever there!

dabble
    Free Member

i’ve found i need to rein it in a bit as my old deores are nowhere near as powerful, first couple of times i grabbed the front i was nearly over the bars 😯 .

Andy

dryroasted – Member
    better still get the deores using SURVEY10 for £76.38

Glad someone said that as I have just bought the Deores for my nephew 😕

fbk
    Free Member

Nice one – thanks for the CRC XT PSA 🙂

iain1775
    Free Member

skeetsgb – Member

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/shimano-xt-m785-disc-brake/rp-prod67208

get the xt brakes for the nearly same price using code SURVEY10 for extra 10% off

or if you need rotors, open a 2nd CRC account, get each end plus rotor on two separate orders, use the code twice and save £20 (its £10 off £75, not 10% off) 😉
    full set XT brakes plus Ice tech rotors £160

Just be careful with the descriptions and check the caliper colour, some of the black levers come with silver calipers by the looks of it

flatfish
    Free Member

Thanks for the heads up.
    Survey10 wouldn’t work for me though.

grant

Thanks for the heads up.
    Survey10 wouldn’t work for me though.

Try it in block capitals. Lower case wouldn’t work for me but upper case did.

Rich
    Free Member

The xt brakes from crc come with the finned pads too, in case anyone was wondering.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Doh silver one end black the other

p7rich
    Free Member

My set of XTs arrived today. Exactly as expected. Black both ends – caliper and lever. Finned pads, spare olives n that for shortening, and the rear even came with the adaptor and the yellow spreader blocks. Worth noting they did come in CRC boxes. No Shimano packaging. Well chuffed for £115.

iain1775
    Free Member

Yep mine arrived too, just need to work myself up to removing the old brakes and fitting the XT’s – internal routing is a bitch
    Anyone want to buy some team green Hope V2’s complete w team green rotors. 🙂

davosaurusrex

Hoping my black XTs will turn up tomorrow – are the reservoir covers matt silver or the minging chrome?

Anyone want to buy some Hope M4 Tech Evo Ltd editions seeing as we’re flogging unwanted Hopes on here now?

iain1775
    Free Member

Mine where chrome, look ok

walla24
    Free Member

anyone want to sell me some finned pads? mail in profile 😀

davosaurusrex

Chrome eh?

*starts shaking can of matt black plasti-cote*

gaz552
    Free Member

Are the XT’s really worth the extra outlay compared to the SLX’s?

[Edit]: Hmm… Take that back, the SLX appears to be about the same price as the XT.

p7rich
    Free Member

My reservoir covers are chrome. Black clamp n that, chrome covers. I can deal with that.

*googles plasti-cote*

ononeorange

The finned pads seem really expensive – are there any bargains out there with normal pads?

Also, can Shimano brakes be (easily) bled? Never touched ’em before but have ended up with a set by accident on an ex-demo bike.

richmtbguru
    Free Member

ononeorange – Member
    The finned pads seem really expensive – are there any bargains out there with normal pads?

Also, can Shimano brakes be (easily) bled? Never touched ’em before but have ended up with a set by accident on an ex-demo bike.

POSTED 52 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

First off, what a fantastic psa!
    Ok, yes Shimano brakes are very easy to bleed once you have been tuitioned correctly into hydraulic systems..I will give you a little tip…it’s a lot easier to fill the funnel then open the bleed nipple and let it slowly bleed it’s self out naturally then tighten the bleed nipple and pump the lever a few time to pump out trapped air. There are quite a few ways to bleed hydraulic systems but my clients tell me this is by far the easiest for them to grasp, also once bled take the yellow spacer out undo the bleed nipple and slowly pull the lever half way down then tighten the bleed nipple and slowly return the lever. This just gives a better bite as xt brakes have quite a close to the bar bite. Hope this helps. Also just out of interest, I give this a 2 spanner out of five for maintenance bike skill level on my course. 🙂

StefMcDef
    Free Member

No matching left n right XTs in stock on CRC now. Got to be one black and one silver. 😥

BoardinBob

Worth noting they did come in CRC boxes. No Shimano packaging. Well chuffed for £115.

Mine came in Shimano boxes, front and back. Black levers, silver calipers.

andyl
    Free Member

I ordered ‘silver’ and ‘silver-black’ off the wesbite as I suspected the ‘silver-black’ were just the silver ones.

Both sets were the same – silver lever bodies with chrome caps, black levers, black hose and silver calipers with finned pads. Only difference is the rears came with the hose shortening block but the fronts don’t for some reason despite having a spare olive and insert.

Oh and both came in proper XT boxes.

devs
    Free Member

Getting expensive coming here! Just got the XTs and the Deores. Thanks for the PSAs.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Shimano SLX disc brakes with ice tech pads – £56.24 each inc next day del’ is closed to new replies.