Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • PSA – Shimano AM40's = ACE!
  • el_creedo
    Free Member

Man they're grippy and comfortable!

Put any pair of skate shoes I've used on my flats to shame, and only cost about the same.
    They even grip my cheapo fixed pin commuter flatties like crazy!
    They're quite cool (airflow wise), which is a refreshing change – we'll see how much i like that in Winter! but for now, it's perfect!

I actually even quite like the way they look too now I have them! (was very worried beforehand but figured so long as they perform I don't care how they look).

If you use flatties (and don't mind looking like a bit of a div in the eyes of some) – get some of these!

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Nearly as grippy as SPDs or not quite there yet?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Totally grippy in a way spds never would be 🙂

sambob
    Free Member

I absolutely love mine, but they have become too small 🙁

el_creedo
    Free Member

Paul – it's not a spds vs flats thread!
    If you want to be clipped to your bike – that's fine by me, but for flatty users – these are AWESOME!

Sambob – "have become too small"? that is worrying! what happened?

sambob
    Free Member

My feet have grown 😆

el_creedo
    Free Member

Phew – thought i had to worry about the shoes shrinking or something!!

sambob
    Free Member

haha nope. Not sure i agree with you venting wise though 😕

BoardinBob

Had them for a week now and they're superb. Far better than skate shoes.

jimmerhimself
    Free Member

I switched to them from 5:10's and while I only used them for the first time last weekend I'm very impressed too.

I like the fact that they have a thinner sole than a 5:10 so I can actually feel the pedal, rather than having to look down to make sure my 5:10's were actually on the pedal!

If the Vibram sole is less grippy than Stealth rubber it's not by much, because both seem to stick to my pedals like glue.

As for the styling, they're obviously going to divide opinion but I reckon they look better in reality than they do in the pictures and their performance more than makes up for any cosmetic deficiencies!

BoardinBob

If the Vibram sole is less grippy than Stealth rubber it's not by much, because both seem to stick to my pedals like glue.

Stickiness aside I think the sole of the AM40s meshes better with the pins on flats than the soles on the five-tens

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Shimano AM40's = ACE!’ is closed to new replies.