Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • PSA: Shed/garage alarm with remote sounder £13
  • allthepies
    Free Member

Aldi have a PIR alarm with a remote sounder for sale this coming Sunday.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/sun-8-mar/product-detail/ps/p/wireless-driveway-alarm/

It looks virtually identical to one I bought from Amazon last year for twice the price. The alarm doesn’t sound in the shed though, just on the remote sounder. Not everyone likes this approach as it doesn’t scare the burglar off until you make your presence known + if you’re not in then no-one will hear it.

I wanted one to sound at night and let me know if anyone got into the garage. Works well, luckily I’ve not had it go off in anger!

probably_me
    Free Member

looks good, is it batteries only or can they be mains powered ?
    cheers

allthepies
    Free Member

With mine the sensor is batteries only but the sounder can be powered via a (not supplied) mains adapter. On batteries only, the sounder lasts for about a year.

mark90
    Free Member

Any idea what the range is like between sensor and sounder?

allthepies
    Free Member

It seems to be pretty good.

mark90
    Free Member

For that price I might give one a try.

robware
    Free Member

How do you arm/disarm it? Is there a switch on the sounder?

allthepies
    Free Member

The sensor is active all the time, the sounder has an on/off switch on it. So you don’t arm/disarm the thing as such.

allthepies
    Free Member

For reference, here’s the Amazon model I bought. Note similarity to the Aldi one 🙂

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0045U0L96/ref=pe_385721_37986871_TE_item

zigzag69
    Free Member

Any idea what the range is like between sensor and sounder?

Just bought and installed this morning… Range is very good, sensor in brick basement extension at back of the house, sounder upstairs at front of the house. Victorian semi, with signal going through the old exterior sandstone wall plus floors and a couple of plaster and lathe walls without a problem.

Volume isn’t all that loud on Hi setting, and it looks a bit cheap. But then again it is, so no complaints.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Shed/garage alarm with remote sounder £13’ is closed to new replies.