Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • PSA: Serenity (Firefly movie is on ITV4 right now)
  • Earl
    Free Member

Orsome movie

druidh
    Free Member

Shiny

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

Everyrime I see Morena Baccarin its in a scifi programme.

rOcKeTdOg

That’s not a bad thing

Pigface
    Free Member

mmmmm Summer Glau 😛

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

It’s been on a lot recently

racefaceec90

i keep missing the film,always see it’s on when it’s halfway through doh.by the sound of it is a good film.

gonefishin
    Free Member

You can keep Morena and Summer it’s Jewel Staite for me.

Also Morena’s character isn’t really that involved in the film plot.

Earl
    Free Member

Nothing in the ‘verse compares.

Doug
    Free Member

Can’t believe it’s nearly ten years since Firefly.

Fruity Oaty Bars

Cougar

You can keep Morena and Summer it’s Jewel Staite for me.

Having met them, I’d concur. Here’s some photos I took at the Serenity premiere. Joss Whedon stole my Sharpie.

To the people new to Serenity, do yourself a favour and watch Firefly first. At 10 quid from Amazon you really can’t go wrong.

16stonepig
    Free Member

Thanks for the link Cougar! 40 seconds between first click and purchase!

Never got around to watching either the film or the series, although all my nerdy mates rave about them (It’s ok, I can say that – I am nerdy also).

Thought the film was good, but the characters needed a bit more fleshing out. Presumably that all happens in the series though.

Also, Jewel Staite wins. She uses spanners and is greasy.

Cougar

Win.

It’s a tricky one. The film had to pitch to both the diehard fans and people who’d never seen it before. So basically you get fifteen episodes of the show respun and condensed into the the first five minutes of the film. So it kinda works, but it’s a bit like watching Empire Strikes Back having never seen Star Wars.

Consequently, a) you’ve got a lot of spoilers going back to Firefly after having seen Serenity, and b) you’ve not got the same emotional attachment to some of the sideline characters in Serenity. When one of them dies in the desert it’s kinda “meh, next” out of context, whereas to someone who’s watched Firefly they’ve just killed off one of the most intriguing characters in the show.

Serenity is a reasonable stand-alone film. As Firefly’s swansong however, it’s gorram shiny. Firefly has a cult following for a reason, it’s one of the best genre shows ever created IMHO.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

I will be man enough to have them all, plus Saffron/ Christina Hendricks.

Saw the film when it was released at the cinema,cant remember what I was originally going to see but it was sold out so it was either Serenity or nothing – i had no idea about the tv series beforehand. Must have been tricky managing to get it to stand up on its own as well as appeal to fans of the tv series…i think it manages both pretty well.

portlyone

Whenever I see Serenity is on TV I get the urge to get the boxset of firefly out and watch the series again, before putting ont he film.

rOcKeTdOg

portlyone – Member
    Whenever I see Serenity is on TV I get the urge to get the boxset of firefly out and watch the series again, before putting ont he film.

got the boxset for £7 from ebay a couple of years ago, shame they cancelled the series

portlyone

…shame they cancelled the series

Studios ruined it from the beginning, it never had a chance. Which may not be a bad thing, at least it ended while they still had stories to tell. Too many series nowadays go beyond story telling into franchise territory

Earl
    Free Member

Same.

Best series ever – don’t seam to get sick of it – and i can now make fresh bao. I gave me daughter the middle name of River.

chvck
    Free Member

Firefly has a cult following for a reason, it’s one of the best genre shows ever created IMHO.

Agreed.

Too many series nowadays go beyond story telling into franchise territory

Agreed. There are too many series that are fantastic for 1 or maybe 2 seasons but then just run and run and get a bit boring and crap.

Earl
    Free Member

Cougar – what you said.

Its a pitty they could write ‘2 by 2 hands of blue’ into it somehow though I thought the replacement character was great. Yea didn’t like that they did with the wardrobe – Wash looked like he was from Barveria and Inara looked very anglo saxon.

portlyone

I’m sad enough to watch Castle for the odd Firefly easter egg 🙂

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Serenity (Firefly movie is on ITV4 right now)’ is closed to new replies.