Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • PSA sealskin gloves
  • matther01
    Free Member

Check out sportpursuit.co.uk….might be some bargains

Cheers

jkomo

Yep,
    Winter gloves £18.
    Some decent high 5 deals as well.
    Thanks

matther01
    Free Member

Website seems to f***ed at the mo tho…or is it me?

cloudnine
    Free Member

Which ones would be best for road / CX ??

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Why different ones for the road? Is it warmer or colder on the road than MTB?

slackalice
    Free Member

Colder on the road – less moving about. Riding off road requires constantly changing body position, maintaining balance, with frequent additional input to get over obstacles. These, combined with the way our hands constantly change the level of grip applied to the bars to aid the process makes off road biking more physically involving and hence more fun.

The only times I really suffer from the cold air is when riding along a road section for any length of time.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I bought a pair of Sealskin’s Cycle Winter Waterproof gloves recently, they didn’t specify whether they were for road or MTB and they are brilliant for dry warm hands and fingers. I paid significantly more than those on the PSA, so I would heartily recommend investigating them.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I got the Performance Road ones last time they were on sale, perfect for winter IMHO, not overly warm and a nice long cuff. More than suitable for road, CX & MTB as they’re not too thick either.

cloudnine
    Free Member

SPORT5 takes a fiver off your order

WaywardRider
    Free Member

I had a pair a couple of years ago they were waterproof for about a month. IMHO waterproof gloves are an oxymoron… just too many seams to work properly. And then there are waterproof socks ditto…

JohnJohn
    Free Member

Cloudnine – Where do I enter that code?

Deveron53
    Free Member

just too many seams to work properly

The waterproof liner is usually a one-piece welded ‘shell’ which is sewn in (using tabs) between the inner and outer layers. Seams are irrelevant.

I’ve had the Sealskins windproof waterproof cycling gloves for 4 years and still going strong. The only time I’ve known a pair to fail is because of over-washing them. DON’T put them in the washing machine! I wash mine as if I’m washing my hands. I wash my hands while wearing them under the tap with a bit of liquid handsoap. Then put them in a warm place to dry off. I know they’re still totally waterproof because I don’t get any leakage while performing my washing method!

It’s colder on the road also because average speeds are higher so more windchill.

cloudnine
    Free Member

When you are on the delivery page before payment

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘PSA sealskin gloves’ is closed to new replies.