• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by andyl.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • PSA screwfix forge steel
  • DT78
    Free Member

just seen screwfix are clearing their forged steel line. lots of great discounts, so far been impressed with the quality of what I’ve used, most out of stock in the stores near me, but you may get lucky. I did get a set of bolt croppers for £11.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I did get a set of bolt croppers for £11.

*makes a note of who’s got bolt croppers* 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

To be fair when I need to buy something that I’m going to use infrequently for work, but don’t want to stoop to Silverline level, I’ve found Firge Steel stuff to be very good vfm. If there’s anything there that you need going for a decent price, you probably won’t go far wrong.

DT78
    Free Member

for cutting out old lead pipe in the house.

honest

wiggles
    Free Member

for cutting out old lead pipe in the[i]someones[/i] house.

dmck16
    Free Member

Cheers OP – just ordered a big bow saw, a wee cross pein hammer, a clamp and a couple of files.

All for a grand total of a tenner. Can’t complain.

Will all be used when clearing the garden and fixing the outhouse in the coming months!

sharkbait
    Free Member

Nice one….. 1/2″ ratchet reduced from £20 to £3.49…. got the last one in the store!

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Thanks OP, 200mm clamps ordered

maccruiskeen

Those roofing squares are well worth getting at that price – nice quick rugged markup tool but also a really handy improvised cross cutting guide for a circular saw.

sharkbait
    Free Member

oh, and a 3/8″ ratchet for £2.99 🙂

lesshaste

Thanks, just spent £30 on £60 worth of tools.

andyl
    Free Member

picked up a few tools I always intended to get, lump hammer, bolt croppers like the OP and things like plastic clamps that are handy to have and cheap as chips.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘PSA screwfix forge steel’ is closed to new replies.